1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

activation code

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Ondrej Kapal, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Hey,
    I just bought my rFactor on DVD but there is no activation code and after start up it wants to activate it first... I am confused, where can I get my code ?
  2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Hmmm - I never needed any codes at all after I installed my DVD copy - I was under the impression that codes were just for downloaded versions.
  3. I was too, I am reading that on some discussion at the moment but after my install it just wanted the code - maybe can it be because I have tried the demo first? it tells me that I have 10 more minutes to try... I deleted temp files registry etc. but it still cant gets work and wants activation code :(
  4. like stu says the dvd version has a disc check so no need to activate, where did you buy your copy, maybe you`ve been ripped off.
  5. I tried it to install on my laptop where it works properly... maybe it is really because of that demo which I uninstalled and deleted everything, maybe there something has stuck up and it thinks that it is not DVD version... I am working on it to find that but I checked it and there is nothing :/
  6. did you delete the rFactor folder in documents?

theres defo something left over from the demo, if oyu have no luck try googling
  7. I deleted everything... google said me that it can be only this stuff or something with exe files, I will try to upgrade my version (I bought v1.255 but if I will replace my files with files from patch it might works)
  8. ok just for information I did reinstall and used patch to v1.255 (from v1.255 haha) but it works :)
  9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

haha, glad it works.