• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

AC: What should Gear Shift De Bouncing be set to? Using T500

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Rick Malm, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Rick Malm

Rick Malm

Ratings:
    +28
    Questions re AC Shifter settings that might help me and other new drivers of AC:

Shifters: What should Gear Shift De bouncing be set to? I only use the T500 paddles, no clutch.

Thanks Rick

AC settings: Fullscreen Rendering ON | Triple Screen ON (6065x1080) | Vsync - OFF | Frame Limit - 85 | Aniso x 8 | AA x 4 | FXAA x 3 | Shadows -Low | World Detail - Maximum | HDR Color Sat On @ 92%| Smoke Generation – Low||Smoke in Mirrors OFF| Motion Blur - OFF | Mirror Resolution High| CubeMaps at Low | Faces per Frame - 4
    My system: CPU: Intel i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
    Video: NVIDIA | EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti to 3 ASUS VE278Q 27” monitors 85hz refresh

2. Kevin Leu

Kevin Leu

Ratings:
    +43
    Gearshift debounce is the time (usually in milliseconds) before you can shift down another gear after shifting down a gear, if that makes sense. It's a setting to keep you from downshifting twice by accident, some paddle shifters do have that problem occasionally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Rick Malm

Rick Malm

Ratings:
    +28
    Kevin
    So is the default a good time to use (50msec) for the Thrustmaster T500 paddles. More often I attempt a shift and it does not happen (race start). Almost like their is a min time to old the shift down before releasing.

4. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    I've found no difference between the default of 50ms and 0 so I would just leave it at default. AC will not allow you to shift into gear before the race starts which I've often thought was silly.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Toni Anicic

Toni Anicic

Ratings:
    +14
    Before i was using on default ..had no issues with shifting.
    Later, after iv instaled h shifter i switched it to 0 (still dont know why)
    Aandd..from time to time appers that i double switch gears when im racing on paddles.
    Il switch it to default again.

Thank you Kevin for great info!

btw. im using t500

• Beer Beer x 1