AC issue - Can't stop locking my brakes!

Having read a few books on driving quickly, including Drive to Win and Going Faster, I've always thought threshold braking began with an emphatic brake input before easing off as necessary, but in AC I have to gingerly tap the brake to avoid completely locking my front wheels. This is most pronounced in non-ABS cars like the E30 M3, but in ABS cars, the red ABS indicator fires with a dab of brakes.

I have an excellent pedal set, so I can't blame the hardware, but I haven't moved the brake bias rearward, as I feel like I should be able to brake with the default setups (and the only time I did adjust the bias rearward, I spun the Cobra out at T1 (Mugello)).

I adjusted brake gamma all the way to 3, and that helped, but I can't help thinking that's a cheat (or if not, that I shouldn't need to set it so high). I don't recall a brake pressure setting in AC, but if I'm mistaken, I assume it's at default.

I understand that dedicated practice, with one car on the same track, is the best means to drop laptime, but without proper technique, practice is only going to solidify bad habits.

Anyone care to enlighten me on proper brake technique (with as much emphasis on the physical foot/brake pedal interaction as possible)? Given my threshold braking incompetence, I should probably ignore trailbraking for now.

Henk

Using G27 as well. Don't know why but every single time i boot up my PC i need to step on all pedals to recalibrate them. If not, no matter which game i'm going to start, i experience the same as above. Step on a padel no matter how hard and you get 100% of throttle, brake or clutch, but only first time! If you're going to do this recalibration after booting your PC you won't have that!
BTW in AC i'm using brakegamma 1 which gives me the best response i like to get.

As part of my pre race or testing regime, I have always checked break operation and steering. Just as you would in real life. It always works for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back