AC crashes occasionally when starting a session

This has been going on for a while. I start a session in AC and 4 times out of 5 everything goes well. The screen blackens, the AC logo appears in the middle, then I see the track and car loading messages and the session starts.

Very frequently however, and apparently not related to practice or race session nor exclusive to third party mods. the screen goes black, no log appears and the computer freezes. My only way to escape is a hard reset.

The last time this happened, I decided to try a couple of experiments, such as using my plugged keyboard and mouse instead of my wireless one. Somehow, after a very long time, Ctrl-alt-delete actually worked. Even the mouse worked, except that I cannot see the cursor., so it's sort of hit and miss, but tabbing and arrowing does work, just on a tremendous delay.,

Eventually I was able to bring up the task manager and even try to close the AC process, but after waiting a while nothing happened and once again I had to hard reset my PC.

Needless to say, this is very annoying. I posted in the AC forum but they were not very helpful.
I can understand why, Apparently is not a widespread issue or they would have mentioned it.

Is anyone else incurring in this problem?

I even deleted and installed AC again, just to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file and the fact that it happens with the built in cars and tracks is not reassuring. I can understand a bad mod, but that's obviously not the case.

I am going to update my post at the AC forum with the new logs, but I wanted to ask here. You guys are smart.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back