• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC apps on second screen - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by RaceWasGood, Oct 12, 2016.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Do you know if there's a way to display your AC apps on a second screen? I've tried the obvious dragging, but that didn't work... My second screen is just configured in Windows like "extend these displays". Thanks!

2. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    The apps inside assetto corsa are generally bound within the window where AC is updating the screen. The only way to get apps onto a second screen would be to run AC in "windowed" mode (not fullscreen) with a custom resolution and then adjust the AC output window so that it was being drawn on both screen. This may result in a hit to your FPS (not sure about that, exactly, but I think windowed mode is not as efficient as running fullscreen in terms of FPS). I think there are some "apps" that will show data from within AC on a webpage (that you could view in a browser or tablet or smartphone), so that would also be an option, but may not have all the data points or graphical displays you're looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Sort of possible then, but not very convenient as i expected. Thanks for the detailed reply though!

4. Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Ratings:
    +7
    Look for an app called SimRacing Dashboard. It runs in a browser so you can drag it to the second screen.

5. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Thanks for the tip @Tom Moore. I have a few dashboard apps that i use from time to time on a tablet so i actually don't need yet another dash. I was sort of looking for some basic stuff like race position, lap times, delta times etc. to display on a second screen above my main screen. Since the built-in AC apps would serve the purpose just fine i figured why invent the wheel all over again :)

It looks like i'll have to try and find another solution, so if you have any ideas i'm all ears!

6. Titi Yetifan

Titi Yetifan

Ratings:
    +1