• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars Absence of 1980s F1 mods

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by BenCollins, Jul 15, 2017.

1. BenCollins

BenCollins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +179
    One thing I have noticed in my 25 years of sim racing is a distinct lack of early 1980s F1 cars, 1980-1985.

Were the cars so bad? It is much ignored in sim racing from Geoff Crammond to Kunos.

Has anyone an explanation why mod cars reach maturity in 1979, then disappear until around 1986!!!

Thanks!

• Love Love x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +83
    There is a not-so-bad Renault RE30 mod (1980) and a Williams FW11 Mod (1987 - yes I know ^^) both by ACFL (yes I know), and the 1984 season Mod by Sim Dreams (yes yes)... so I agree, there are hardly any quality mods from this time frame.

Isn't it just a boring period in F1, like the present years might become in 20 years? I personally don't find it very appealing. It's too far in the past for me to have those cars experienced personally, but not far enough back for the whole pioneering feeling during the 60s/70s where all the cary ideas happened.

3. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,451
    I did think about it at one point (arrows A10 to be particular, one of my favorite f1s visually) but they're in an awkward phase where they had lots of power and very little driveability.