about extracting .rar files of mods and make them work?

Sleeker

Rudolph the Rednosed Racer
Hello,
I have a question. I downloaded the mod porsche vs ferrari for gsce which was a rar file. I extracted it with 7-zip manager. Than I put the files in the gamedata map and the rfm map. but the cars are not to be found in the game. Is there anything I should do in another way to make it work? Thanks in advance.

You say you put files in the gamedata and rfm folders? I believe once you extract the compressed mod file, you should have a gamedata and rfm folders. Each of those should be copy/pasted into the game directory that contains its own gamedata and rfm folders, thereby over writing them. You should not have to move files into the games gamedata, rfm folders.

I apologize if I misunderstood.

You say you put files in the gamedata and rfm folders? I believe once you extract the compressed mod file, you should have a gamedata and rfm folders. Each of those should be copy/pasted into the game directory that contains its own gamedata and rfm folders, thereby over writing them. You should not have to move files into the games gamedata, rfm folders.

I apologize if I misunderstood.
It's the first time that I try to install a mod so I probably do something wrong, but I extracted the rar file and than took the files out of the gamedata folder of the mod and put them into the gamedata folder of gsce. I did the same with the files in the rfm folder. I guess I should have copied the complete folders into the root folder of gsce, and than let the folders merge/overwrite? I will try that.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for this. May I ask what FFB setting in-game do you set for these cars (540 wheel, FFB strength=High and -100, steering lock)? I copied the realfeel settings already, using g27. Still not used to setting it up as feel is different as in AC. Thanks.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%