rF2 Abarth @ Rouen Les Essarts - Friday 25th July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
now its just trying to stop these skidding out of control if the front wheels are turned and I brake even the slightest, as mentioned I notice that having some throttle applied helps but I cant do that on all corners as I end up going in to fast.

One more thing you should check:
Go into the car Upgrades section, under Shifter Style, make sure to select "2 pedals & Sequential" for your wheel. It helps with braking down shifting apparently.

Thats a pity Ingemar, hope you solve your computer problems soon!

I am not sure I'll be able to make it in time for 18:30 (GMT), I might be a bit (15-30 mins) later! I hope I can make it in time though as I still need the practice... badly... :D

Sorry guys cant comeback DVD Drive has decided it dont want to read DVD's grrrr, just when the setup from Sam was working a treat probably did not help that my son knocked my tray recently and it is floppy as hell now :(

Oh well off to trawl internet for a replacement LOL

Well, had fun driving the little Fiat tonight! Had a horrible start but luckily I could follow the field. The entire field looked very close at the first few laps, after that a few holes began to show. Had some nice little fights in the back but after a while I was driving a bit in a gap with cars over 10 seconds in front and behind. So that was a little lonely.
Lap 9 I went in for the pitstop and as I allready noticed it was consuming fuel a lot faster than expected I put in some more fuel... which I think more people should have done :D.
After the Neverending Pitstop (man it took loooong, over 80 seconds!) I re-entered the track and was trying to get in some nice consistent lap times in which I succeeded. Was pretty pleased about that :becky:.

All in all I had a great evening, thanks to all for showing up! :thumb:

That was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed my first run in this mod. This mod could really hook me into rFactor. Of course I always like the baby cars. :wink:

Right from practice it was obvious that we had two groups, the FOG aliens and then the rest of us mortals. :p
Qualified pretty well for me with a PB (well wasn't going to be too hard to get a PB since I haven't raced much) of 2.23.1, putting me P4, thanks to one of the FOG guys having to re-enter and lose his time.

The Race was great fun, especially for me as I raced neck and neck with Patrick for the entire race. We even pitted together. :) As our battle was getting veery intense, I noticed my fuel looking dicey and started short shifting like hell, eventually missing a gear change in the hairpin, so Patrick pounced in front. My turn to put the pressure on him from behind this time. On the last lap, as we were nose to tail, Patrick ran out of fuel, what a shame as we were set for quite a finish. This allowed me to ease right off to save fuel and I finished P3 with only petrol fumes left.
Thanks for a terrific race Patrick, most enjoyable. :thumb:
Thanks to everyone else who joined, I really hope we can run many more events in this mod. It seems very impressive (once you can get your controller set up).

All and all a strange race evening, first I started training with the Coppa Mille
on the wrong track(the Old one)after I found out my error try to go to the server looking if everything was ok but get the wrong car did not understand that,so training with the Abarth! Friday short for the race to the forum to see that it was the Coppa Mille,went to the server to get timed out all the time took me a while to see that I put capitals in the password , so in at last,but not with my car I was a spectator? never new that so looking how to disable that!went back to the server, Hallelujah there was my car so 10 min practice left,chancing my setup an go Qual. 10 pos.better times than in my training got a good start to 8 place but lost soon 1 place still 9 make a slip before the strait
and lost some more .Pit in lap 11 (80sec!) and go out to fast stop/go next round go in fore my stop/go get the full treatment fuel and tires no stop/go that still stands when I get out (what did I wrong) that was the last lap for me I hit a cornermarker and blow up my engine and of race.
After that I watch the fight between Patric and Warren exiting guys what happened Patrick?? All and All I had a nice evening, see you next time Hans

Great race Warren :thumb: From the start almost till the finish :cool:
I didnt have to much practice in these things and on the track so i could use the 1 hour practice to get to know both . Qually brought me to p7 because i was still finding the brakepoints for the track :)
From the start it was Warren and me fighting for position and i had a huge amount of fun there. Before the pitstop Warren got a gap from 2,5 sec in front and i just had to do my best not to lose him. The pitstop was a copy of Warrens's pitstop,we where now head to toe going out the pit.
Indeed i wonderd what happend at the hairpin with you Warren ?? But passing i could hear your shifter movements to get the right gear :D
I thought i could defend that third spot but saw my FUEL sign and had 1,5 laps to go !! That made me nervous and also started shorter shifting to save some fuel. Warren was still breathing in my neck and no chance to save fuel there for me . Result was out of fuel in last lap :frusty:
Well it was a great race after all, thx Warren :thumb:
Congrats to Dave for a great win !!
Cu guys in next event :wink:

• Steve Parker

Was good race for my first with you guys,great little cars but maybe the track was too long for them,my pitstop was 20 secs :p,just fuel no tyres.look forward to racing again,grats to dave for great win:thumb:

Great cars these but as Steve said think the track was a bit too long for these.

Started in P2 with Barney ahead and Steve on P3. Thought we would have a tight battle as the quali times were v close.
Green light and I got a good start and into 1st with Barney and Steve battling for position behind which helped me get away. By my pit stop I had a 13 sec lead (took fuel only as the tyres were good) so had to just drive to the finish. Had a spin on each of the last 2 laps lol due to lack of concentration but brought it home in 1st.

Ty to the Admins for sorting out the late entries and grats to all who finished a very long race :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back