1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

A1GP club event?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Kyle Puttifer, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Would it be possible, when I release the mod, for me to organise an RD club event for A1GP 2008/09? I would put it on a Saturday so it doesn't interfere with other events. I'll do it if it's OK with Lee/Adam etc.
    Also, will I be able to run the server on a standard home internet connection? These are my speedtest.net results:
    Ping - 329ms (although on RD events this has been as low as 50)
    Download Speed - 2.55 Mbps
    Upload Speed - 0.25 Mbps
    Will I be able to run a server on these speeds, or would I have to ask an RD admin to set up the RD server?

Again, this is only relevant if it's OK with the RD admins. I know they have a lot of events going on already.

2. A1GP mod contains illegal content does it not?

3. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

It's based on the CTDP 2006 Ferrari, modified by Deutsche Liga Meisterschaft, and I've made a few changes as well, and I'm painting all liveries, helmets and driver suits.

4. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I think it just depends on your definition of "illegal".

5. RD's definition is scratch built content / content that the author has permission from the original author. Never heard of Deutsche Liga Meisterschaft, do they have permission from CTDP? In my experience CTDP very rarely give permission or endorsement to people using their mods.

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

OK.

7. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I've sent an email to CTDP detailing this mod, so I should get a reply soon. If I do get permission, I will post the email here as proof. You can then make your decision Lee. :)

8. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

From jbendy:
    Hey Kyle, you have your permissions on the ferrari...can't wait to see the mod... :)

EDIT: New speedtest results:
    Download - 3.27 Mbps
    Upload - 0.43Mbps
    Ping - 37ms