A visit to Base Performance Simulator,

Myself and a couple of friends paid a visit to Base Performace Simulators where we spent the morning having a play in their GT3 simulator. We went with no real plans other than to have a bit of fun and enjoy the experience.

On arrival we sat in the comfortable lounge while the GT3 simulator was booted up. We were quickly into the car and getting used to the simulator around the Donington National circuit. At first the effect was quite nauseating because of a disconnect between what you were seeing and what you were feeling.

We tried the very tame model of an Aston Martin GT3 car around Donington, Silverstone and the Nordschleife, and also tried a very twitchy GTR model around the Nurburgring GP circuit. The GTR was somewhat trickier to drive as all the power is delivered in a large lump right at the top of the rev range and the brakes were less responsive too. All of us managed to spin it once or twice but quickly started getting into a rhythm.

The facilities are great and the helpful tips from the staff saw lap times drop and car control improve. With more seat time you could diff make some improvments

Definitely worth a visit, It's a lot of fun, although a bit on the expensive side

Hi - I've just joined RaceDepartment as a paid member as recommended by PhilGR.

Yeh the day was ace, really enjoyed it.
Unfortunately I broke it before we finished which I don't think I'll be allowed to forget :/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back