• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A tyre question

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by Michael Hart-Jones, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Hart-Jones

Michael Hart-Jones

Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering if I am going mad or not?

During the race on Thursday I made the decission to drop in to the pits around lap 18-20 to change to wet tyres. I saw the usual drop in temperature in the tyres whilst I let the pit crew finish and left the pits with around 60 degrees. By the end of my out lap, in which I did not leave the track and pushed the car to the limits of grip, my temps were down to around 45 to 50 degrees and I could not get them back up again.

This left me a skitish car with little traction, was I the only one with this or did anyone else have similar issues? I am not calling this a bug yet as I have seen no other reports to say the same thing and fear it could have been linked to a coming together with another driver earlier in the race.

2. Mikko Korkiakoski

Mikko Korkiakoski

Ratings:
    +1
    I had no problems with underheating with wet tires. They only overheated once I had done a lap or two.

3. Michael Hart-Jones

Michael Hart-Jones

Ratings:
    +0
    Once the rain stopped and it started drying the temps did come back up and they did begin overheating. Thanks for the feedback though.

4. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Yup,

When using wets in the rain you can't expect to reach high temps. But when the onpath/offpath conditions drop to 35 procent. The tyres will heat up. Above the 40 they will cool down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.