F1 2011 A study of AI results in Career Mode

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I will be charting these as I go through my Career Mode season with Force India. Professional AI, 20% race distance.

Curious how consistent the AI is race to race in terms of qualifying and result.

I'm also tracking each driver's "power ranking", which charts how often he gains or loses positions from qualifying. Very interesting to see how the grid is shaking out after just two races.

So below are the results for Melbourne and Malaysia. Driver power rankings are the third graph. I'll update this thread as the season goes on.

Race videos can be found on my YouTube channel or my website.

graph-01-melbourne.jpg

graph-PR-melbourne.jpg

graph-02-malaysia.jpg

graph-PR-malaysia1.jpg

Adding to David O'Reilly's point and do agree what he stated about qualifying, I see from your descriptions from the videos you are using Professional AI and 20% race distance. The results you display may differ or change from say if you are using Legend AI and higher race distances like 50%, 75% or even 100% race distance.

Maybe worth mentioning what AI difficulty, race distance and other details you are basing your results upon.

Hi Jack, nice stats and good job. Just, is this just Position change for Monte Carlo? Round 5 rankings looks like for first five rounds not just fifth round. Just to make sure is this mistake or you did it on purpose:) Keep up with great job.

Thanks!

These rankings are actually accumulative over the season, but I completely understand the confusion, especially because I have the wrong graph posted.

My reason for not doing them race by race is because I offer the +/- graph for each race on the other thread in question (http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ube-series-i-am-no-expert.49506/#post-1124826).

My hope was to study the AI as a whole over the season --however, perhaps two of these charts are in order: one for each race, and one for a season total.

I will look over my templates and see about doing that and update this thread to make it more clear.

Thanks for the feedback, glad folks are enjoying it.

Hi Jack, nice stats and good job. Just, is this just Position change for Monte Carlo? Round 5 rankings looks like for first five rounds not just fifth round. Just to make sure is this mistake or you did it on purpose:) Keep up with great job.

I just updated the correct Monaco graph to reflect the accumulative rankings through Round 6 (Monaco).

I will consider posting driver rankings for both the races individually and the accumulative as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back