A simple fix to make the Halo better

I find it funny that the reason for so many people to leave is not a lack of overtaking or so on, it's a visual thing that even serves a service by making cars safer. If it was the aerodynamics which prohibit overtaking and need DRS I would understand it.

My problem with DRS isn't that it exists; my problem is how restrictive it is. You can only use it in pre-determined areas, and you can only use it if you are "x" distance from an opponent. It completely takes out the ability to get creative with it. I could understand maybe restricting to using it only so many times a lap or even a race, but making it impossible to use outside these "zones" is just sad.

It's funny because I've never had an interest in F1 up until recently, and even then it only extends to the point of "wow, look how s#!tty this sport has gotten".

I think F1 is very popular right now compared to say, 3 to 5 years ago. I remember when I subbed to the F1 youtube channel 2 years ago, we were just a few thousand subscribers. Now it's more than 1M. Nope nope, yah, yah, I know youtube is not the place to look for popularity status. I just mentioned that as a "slice of the pie"...

What I mean by that is regardless how the cars look, or how many "self proclaimed" hardcore fans say they will leave or ignore F1 because it's ugly or boring, the number of people that will replace them as "new fans" may outnumber the walkers ten folds. Liberty media is doing a great job spoon feeding the younger fans about their content. SIM Racing events play a big part and those gamers love them.

As for the Halo, it doesn't bother me at all. I just throw those jokes because I saw how other people are so serious about them. Regardless what parts of the F1 cars are added or changed, if it is functional, then let it do its job(function)... As for painting them different colours, if it will play the part and function it is intended to do, then yes to that too.

My problem with DRS isn't that it exists; my problem is how restrictive it is. You can only use it in pre-determined areas, and you can only use it if you are "x" distance from an opponent. It completely takes out the ability to get creative with it. I could understand maybe restricting to using it only so many times a lap or even a race, but making it impossible to use outside these "zones" is just sad.

It's funny because I've never had an interest in F1 up until recently, and even then it only extends to the point of "wow, look how s#!tty this sport has gotten".
I don't know why they made it that way, but since DRS reduces rear areo drastically, if riders could activate it anytime they could also accidentally activate it in high speed corners.

Imagine accidentally activating DRS while going through Eau-Rouge in SPA...You'd lose the car easily and crash against the barriers. But it's also true they got the Halo now, don't they? :roflmao::cautious:

If this is not the reason, then I don't know :thumbsdown:

@nico80131
Quote:
Who are you to say what the fans should do?
End Quote

And who are you to say what our Members should post?

This is an open Forum, and as long as the Members are acting inbetween our Terms of Service, everyone can make an "OnTopic" post about what he thinks etc...
The problem here is he was assuming that we shouldn't complain about the halo but on other things. But it's not his problem

Titanium helmets double the size of normal ones with double layer bullet proof plexi glass will do. Real life big heads! LOL! a perfect solution! No Halo! Individual helmet liveries and helmet artists nirvana.
F1_Race_Stars_2.jpg

I thought this was rFactor2 karts dlc...

Absolutely nobody. But think about this... Liberty Media, the team principals, and drivers agree that something needs to be done to make the sport more competitive, or they risk becoming completely irrelevant. So, with that in mind, as a fan, do you think settling the "halo or no halo" debate is going to do anything to address that issue? Do you think the sport is suffering because they slapped a halo on the cars?

So, as a fan, you're free to focus your concern and voice where ever you want. To me, some issues are more important than others.
It is suffering. It ruined the point of the single-seaters. How to make the sport more competitive? Remove the stupid 3-engine rule and bring back tyre war. Let the drivers attack more. But we can fight both problems at the same time. Not to mention some idiot rules like the new podium interview and the grid kids, the new font, the new TV interface and the new ugly and wack logo that also are problems in my viewer perspective. F1 is not only about competitivity. There are way better racing series in terms of competitivity, e.g. IndyCar, MotoGP, Formula Ford (not sure if that still exists) or F2, Blancpain. But what if we try to copy these series? We dumb down F1. When there are differences, there are gaps. If you want 20 cars in 5 tenths, the only solution is to make a spec-series. And nobody would like to see that, because it would destroy F1 or even kill F1.

It is suffering. It ruined the point of the single-seaters. How to make the sport more competitive? Remove the stupid 3-engine rule and bring back tyre war. Let the drivers attack more. But we can fight both problems at the same time. Not to mention some idiot rules like the new podium interview and the grid kids, the new font, the new TV interface and the new ugly and wack logo that also are problems in my viewer perspective. F1 is not only about competitivity. There are way better racing series in terms of competitivity, e.g. IndyCar, MotoGP, Formula Ford (not sure if that still exists) or F2, Blancpain. But what if we try to copy these series? We dumb down F1. When there are differences, there are gaps. If you want 20 cars in 5 tenths, the only solution is to make a spec-series. And nobody would like to see that, because it would destroy F1 or even kill F1.

What are you talking about? They can't attack more, because of the turbulence while trailing. That's why they need aero changes. From that statement, I'm not sure you even understand the issues that are hurting competition. No wonder you're fixated on the halo. You don't need to make a spec-series to have competitive racing in F1. Saying that, sounds like like you missed the past 20 years of F1 racing. :thumbsdown:

What are you talking about? They can't attack more, because of the turbulence while trailing. That's why they need aero changes. From that statement, I'm not sure you even understand the issues that are hurting competition. No wonder you're fixated on the halo. You don't need to make a spec-series to have competitive racing in F1. Saying that, sounds like like you missed the past 20 years of F1 racing. :thumbsdown:
I am 17 years old but I have watched F1 since I am 2. I can't say that much about F1 but I have seen better times

:facepalm: The drivers have to save the engine and save the tyres so they can't pass, dirty air is not the only problem, look at Baku, we had plenty of overtaking

:facepalm: The drivers have to save the engine and save the tyres so they can't pass, dirty air is not the only problem, look at Baku, we had plenty of overtaking

Is that the only race you watched? The inability to stay close to the car ahead without wasting tyre life is something that is always talked about. Always.

If you remove the three-engine rule, then the Constructor's championship loses value. Balancing reliability and performance is part of that. Raise it to four, but removing engine restrictions seems kind of silly. Reduce the aero, you put more emphasis on driver skill. Not to say that aero is the only thing that needs to change. There are a lot of changes that would make the racing more competitive. Point being, the halo isn't one of them.

Is that the only race you watched? The inability to stay close to the car ahead without wasting tyre life is something that is always talked about. Always.

If you remove the three-engine rule, then the Constructor's championship loses value. Balancing reliability and performance is part of that. Raise it to four, but removing engine restrictions seems kind of silly. Reduce the aero, you put more emphasis on driver skill. Not to say that aero is the only thing that needs to change. There are a lot of changes that would make the racing more competitive. Point being, the halo isn't one of them.
1) Because the Pirelli tyres have a poor temperature windows.
2) Omg...
3) There is Formula Ford for that
4) Perez stated that the halo was making the car heavier, thus making overtaking harder

1) Because the Pirelli tyres have a poor temperature windows.
The dirty air produced by the Vortexes the aerodynamics create let the following car slide-> less tyre life
4) Perez stated that the halo was making the car heavier, thus making overtaking harder
That doesn't make any sense as the Halo makes every car heavier, so every car should be equal in that aspect so that does not influence it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.