A simple fix to make the Halo better

Dont like the idea simply because The Halo needs to blend with the body of the car!
Drivers are the only ones to blame for being hard to tell which is who.
Even before the Halo it was really hard to recognize some drivers due to such messy helmet paint layout.
They need to get back to old helmet look with 80% of main color and large contrast.
Schumacher and Hamilton were great examples of guys who knew exactly how to fix this issue.
You could put 3 Halos on Sennas car and still people would recognize his helmet.

Last edited:
@nico80131
Quote:
Who are you to say what the fans should do?
End Quote

And who are you to say what our Members should post?

This is an open Forum, and as long as the Members are acting inbetween our Terms of Service, everyone can make an "OnTopic" post about what he thinks etc...

Titanium helmets double the size of normal ones with double layer bullet proof plexi glass will do. Real life big heads! LOL! a perfect solution! No Halo! Individual helmet liveries and helmet artists nirvana.
F1_Race_Stars_2.jpg

Thats the deal according to the author of the OP

You don't like the halo: You are an idiot/stupid
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm stupid/idiot.

I am so stupid to the point that I believe that what kills people is SPEED.
So, why not to solve the real problem? Lets create a speed limit for F1 cars...something like 30km/h?

I've watched F1 since 1976 and the halo is the final nail in the coffin . I haven't watched one race this year and don't intend to. Put the drivers in Prototype style cars if they don't want to be hit on the head . Anything but the halo idea .

The funny thing is though, that the Shield Indycar is testing doesn't work. It only stops little debris hitting the drivers, and isn't good against large stuff like wheels and nose cones. Seeing as little bits only injure drivers, while large ones kill them, a Halo that stops the killing stuff getting through is the ideal option. The shield may look the best, but it's the worst out of all of them in terms of what it's supposed to do.

You're aware that a couple of windscreen braces or pillars in the right places would make a big difference, right?

Why not just a closed retractable fight jet style bubble cockpit made of Lexan.

I think I actually suggested that to someone before via e-mail. Naturally I wasn't acknowledged, and to be fair I'm sure me using MSPaint over a car to show what I meant probably made them think I was a 10 year old who was talking out of his @$$.

If anything, I'm a lazy 20 year old who talks out his @$$...

Also, I didn't mean to double-post. Sorry!

You're aware that a couple of windscreen braces or pillars in the right places would make a big difference, right?
Yeah. Combining the Halo and the Shield is the best solution for everything, but at the moment, the shield is not good, and the Halo is the only solution that works at preventing fatal accidents in a large array of situations. The FIA wouldn't have chosen it if it wasn't the best solution at the moment.

Who are you to say what the fans should do?

Absolutely nobody. But think about this... Liberty Media, the team principals, and drivers agree that something needs to be done to make the sport more competitive, or they risk becoming completely irrelevant. So, with that in mind, as a fan, do you think settling the "halo or no halo" debate is going to do anything to address that issue? Do you think the sport is suffering because they slapped a halo on the cars?

So, as a fan, you're free to focus your concern and voice where ever you want. To me, some issues are more important than others.

You are aware that they tested the screens and drivers said it made them dizzy/disoriented, right? I believe they suspected the difference between Indy and F1 is the angle of the screen and the rapid direction changes being viewed through a curved shield. Maybe those issues can be resolved, but it wasn't working at the time.

I think it is good idea but I'd make it optional first. Simply make a small rule change to allow teams to paint the halo with different colors for each driver and see what happens. Just allow that and ask the teams to make them different but don't make it a requirement and don't make any more rules about it. Just allow it and see what happens. Let the teams figure out the best way for them, And not just single colors but allow teams make them totally different for each car.

I think it would be a shame if fia made it a requirement for one car to have yellow halo while other has red. Default colors don't play nicely with different color liveries and even if I'm definitely pro-halo I think it is a bit eye sore and anything should be avoided to make it stand out with bright colors. The halo is also very visible part of the car and as such with bright colors it can dominate the car livery.

In the end for me it would b enough if the halo is different enough so you can tell drivers apart but I'd hate to see yellow and red halos. I'm not against if some team wants to make it bright but I'd not make it a rule that it needs to stand out. Just give them little freedom and see what happens.

...And remove the stupid reason for not allowing drivers to change helmets during season. I for one LOVED it when someone like vettel had a new helmet every time he won a race.

I find it funny that the reason for so many people to leave is not a lack of overtaking or so on, it's a visual thing that even serves a service by making cars safer. If it was the aerodynamics which prohibit overtaking and need DRS I would understand it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.