A Lap of the Highlands Circuit in Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
With Kunos Simulazioni winding up to full swing promoting new content coming to Assetto Corsa this February, Marco Massarutto has leaked the first moving images from the new 'Highlands' race track.

Based in Scotland and due to be released with four unique configurations, Massarutto has given fans a first glimpse of the track in action as he pilots a Ferrari 488 GTB around the circuit in a video just short of three minutes in length. We can see from this short video the level of detail that has gone into this track is simply mind-blowing, with painstaking attention to detail on the roadside objects best illustrated in the incredibly well created rock formations that line certain sections of track as well as the beautifully rendered housing assets seen early in the lap.

What's more we can be safe in the knowledge that at least one variation of the track is mammoth in size, with the video beginning at a standing start and running to three minutes in length despite not actually completing the lap, meaning we might have our very own mini Nordschleife coming to the game...

When looking at the initial images I suspected the track would mainly consist of tight and twisty round the houses sections, however it appears that at least one configuration will feature some exceptionally high speed open road sections with dangerous off-camber road surfaces lined with obstacles and street furniture just waiting to write off your expensive supercar.

Assetto Corsa is available to buy for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. 'Highlands' should be available to download this February.

Assetto Corsa Audi 80 Quattro .jpg
Assetto Corsa Highlands Track 5.jpg
Assetto Corsa Highlands Track 2.jpg

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Assetto Corsa Audi 80 Quattro 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Highlands Track 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Highlands Track 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Highlands Track.jpgAssetto Corsa Highlands Track 3.jpgAC Scotland 1.jpg AC Scotland 2.jpg

Now we've seen it in action, do you think the new Highlands Circuit will be a positive addition to the sim? How do you feel about fantasy content being added by the devs? Do you like these kinds of "road" circuits in racing games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
How do you feel about fantasy content being added by the devs? Do you like these kinds of "road" circuits in racing games?
WOW...this is definitely my cup of tea, so to speak...it's great to see track artists getting some creative freedom, breaking free of the restrictions of creating a real track...and for me personally I would be happy with more of these types of tracks as I like to drive more than race most of the time, although at a brisk pace, just immersed in the engine sounds, feeling the gear changes, responding the the car physics...ahhh, heavenly bliss...so well done indeed.

Last edited:
Noone at Kunos is a circuit designer that's for sure. Looks pretty, but will be horrible for any real racing.
Because the track layouts for racing in the 1930s to 1960s were just like modern circuits right? I guess they didn't do real racing back then.
To me this looks like a classic track, how do you think classic Spa was? They did real racing there and is nothing like the current Spa.

It's something designed to look and feel like a Need for Speed track, it's not gonna be good for modern race cars.
They said this Scottish track will be in 4 different layouts suited for various types of cars, including modern race cars. They designed a country/city track, so of course will be different to any F1 circuit. But I don't see how that stops us from racing in this place when it looks like any other classic track where people actually raced race cars in such conditions.

They said this Scottish track will be in 4 different layouts suited for various types of cars, including modern race cars. They designed a country/city track, so of course will be different to any F1 circuit. But I don't see how that stops us from racing in this place when it looks like any other classic track where people actually raced race cars in such conditions.
The one in the video is NFS like, which was what i was refering too.

For the other layouts, if they have a Singapore like short circuit in there it might get some burn out of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back