F1 2017 A.I. Damage model

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
why is it that my car is the only one that gets wrecked while the others 99% don't lose any part and can continue racing?

A bug in the game?

another issue: I finished Q3 and when the race began it started raining - now with Parc Ferme I can't change the car settings...

If I'm right than in real FIA allows car changes when the weather changes from wet to rain?

Last edited:
FIA doesn't allow change the car setup between the qualy and the race due to weather conditions.

"The only exception to this is when there is a "change in climatic conditions", for example a dry qualifying session followed by a wet race, or vice versa. In this case the FIA will give the teams permission to make further appropriate changes to their cars."

Quoted from the official F1 page

The changes allowed in a "change in climatic conditions" doesn't allow anything you are able to change in this game:
Art. 34.2 o) Pre-Race Parc Fermé said:
If the FIA technical delegate is satisfied that changes in climatic conditions necessitate alterations to the specification of a car, changes may be made to the air ducts around the front and rear brakes and radiator ducts. These changes may be made at any time after all teams have been sent the message “CHANGE IN CLIMATIC CONDITIONS” via the official messaging system. From this point onwards the choice of air ducts around the front and rear brakes and radiator ducts is free and pitot tubes may be covered or uncovered, subject always to compliance with the relevant Technical Regulations.

In Parc Ferme, you are still able to change the front wing. Of course if its a wet start, you'll automatically get wets or inters. This is why you should check the weather even when you are in practice 1. That way you can sort of plan for a wet or dry race. The weather report is broken down into quarters or thirds of the session (P1, P2, P3, Quali, and Race), I do 100% races. This will hamper your qualifying as you may be slower but at least you'll be able to race. My opinion is that the variance on your car setup is not going to influence your drive in the rain too much if you set up for a dry race. You simply have to brake sooner and accelerate more smoothly. But none of this matters if you are playing with a keyboard or hand controller. Also, it may show cloudy conditions but you should expect at least mild showers. But I'd like to hear about the damage. It used to bug me in 2016 so I'd play w/o damage as I am now with '17

eyewants, thank you for your explanation, very helpful.
For a beginner I race 100%, easy level (20) with wheel & pedals on PC. F1 2017 is my first experience after years flying DCS simulator.

Where do I check the weather forecast in P3 before starting Quali with Parc Ferme?

regarding the damage issue: just in order to see how other cars react I ram them while speeding fast and while I loss both tyers and the front wing they simply stay fully intact and continue racing. how come that's possible?

While in the pits, go to SESSION INFO, then OVERVIEW(top left of screen), then TOGGLE WEATHER(lower right of screen). The weather is divided into thirds of the session. This works for all sessions if you go full sessions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back