F1 2012 A.I. and car damage query

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone.
I have been stalking the forums for a short time now and i thought it was time to place a post.
Firstly i would like to thank all the modders on this board for making F1 2012 an amazing game to play. Having a high end PC I am able to make use of all the graphical mods and the game is now stunning, so a big thanks.
My question is - when I'm playing my career and whenever I'm in front of the pack and I'm about to be slip streamed on a long straight, it is too simple to block/knock into them as they are about to overtake so they lose their front wing and lose their position. I am using realistic rules and flags but i rarely get a penalty for it. The back of the cars seem indestructible. I am tinkering with the Realistic Damage - v3.0 by Cromiell but it is still difficult to find a setting I'm happy with. I just wish it would penalize for aggressive manoeuvres. Crashes from the sides do penalize you but it seems blocking people doesn't.
I am using intermediate difficulty and patch 12. Would professional difficulty stop this? Or is there a mod that can rectify my issue?
Thanks.

I play in professional. I agree with you. You can sqeeze them to the grass or put your front wheel just in front of the AI's rear wheel or AI front wing and sadly nothing happens, except the AI dropping back. You should be handed a penalty, or, as it would happen in real life, a puncture.

Look at this video and see the consequences and then try to do the same in F1 2012

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back