A Closer Look at the Proposed 2020 Le Mans / WEC Regulations

Does they also plan some "this is NOT a plane you are designing, it's a car" tests ? Or Mercedes and Porsches will fly again ?

They could also include a "boost overtake" button in car to pass over :p (imagine the face of the driver "I'm blocking him... blocking... hey hey you cannot overtake mate hey hey.... mmm... where is he ???? OOOOOMMMGGGG he did it, HOOOOWWWW ???")

(Germans are so clever, they've tried a new path for overtaking... unfortunately, in 1999, it was just take off part)
Some racing series already have that function. I really don't like the idea of it, sure you might have to strategize for the proper time to overtake but it seems kind of boring, and doesn't sound like much of "skill" determining when to push a button to overtake.

There was talk of movable aerodynamic devices being allowed, which is a first - that won't mean DRS because I'd imagine they'd be automated ala current road cars, but that should be interesting & a novel thing to be behind, especially when it's programmed to spoil the aero of a car just behind :p more interesting are the ideas of movable radiator covers & brake duct covers, that will offer some nice drag reduction.

Push-to-pass button - well that's what a hybrid gives anyway. Just have to be sure you use it at the right time.

LMP1 and LMP1-H are unfortunately not seperate classes entirely, they're still competing for the same prize.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.