1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC 98T Sound Problem at Idle

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by cthiggin, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Hi folks,
    A newby here with AC.
    All my cars seem to function fine, in all areas.
    The update installed fine and I am really enjoying the new features etc.

The "beast" 98T -
    My problem - at idle, it sounds like 3 spark plugs have been taken out - you accelerate and the sound stays the same - BUT, once you gain a little speed, ALL is well with sounds...

Any ideas or fixes for this issue?
    You help and thoughts would be most appreciated.

Tom

2. This is not an issue.
    The 98T is massively turbo charged. The turbolag prevents a sudden rise of sound & revs. The engine sound (pitch and volume) accurately changes with the revs. Look up the power and torque curve in the car details.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. Thanks for your reply....
    Should the engine sound like 3 spark plugs are missing and no engine revs up and down at idle? - Just trying to clarify that this is "normal".
    Thanks again

Tom

4. As I haven't driven or seen this car iRL I can't tell you for certain, however the turbolag and the sound dynamic is logical and the devs at Kunos strive to simulate their cars and tracks as accurately as possible.
    Turn up your volume to listen to the engine sound during idle. You want to turn it down again while driving to protect your ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's also possible that the current sounds are little more than placeholder sounds as there is a new sound system in the works and most - if not all sounds will be redone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Might be offtopic but the Lotus exos S1 sound has changed ,now it's like a vacuum cleaner :D!

Oh ! Georg is now an admin ;)

7. more like a small eu race organizer

8. Gentlemen,
    Thanks so very much for your replies.
    I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a corrupt sound file.

Have a blessed day,

Tom

9. wait till you try this beast with 100% turbo :) hit zero on the keyboard when on track its epic

10. 100% turbo and on track are mutually exclusive concepts :p

• Haha Haha x 2