AC 90s BTCC Season Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Paddy Hopkirk won the Monte in a Mini in 1964, Pat Moss (Stirling's sister), and her husband Erik Carlson had many top 5 results in in a fwd Saab, John Cooper won (overall and class) for many years in the British Saloon Car Championship, etc etc

And which of this cars had "power" in triple digits?:p

These whole FWD shenanigans are out of marketing reasons, they wanted cars the public can relate to (win on Sunday......)

Does anybody here know of a purpose built sports/race car that is FWD:O_o:
Not a platform derivative like TT or Barcheta, but FWD chosen for it´s advantages:p

And about the infancy remark, the engineers (back to the wall) found ways to make moderately high powered FWD cars behave with the "Revo Knuckle" (Focus RS and Meghane RS) but it´s way to expensive for the mainstream.
And with higher power levels they admitted defeat and went AWD, Audi even tried to spin it as a feature:rolleyes:

Lately they had a lot of success in TCR with electronic torque vectoring, but that only shows that FWD has grown up (and todays driver can´t do :poop: without Nannys.

CHANGE MY MIND :cool:

FWD in motorsport wasn't in it's infancy in the BTCC (the era these cars are), just some that can't left foot brake get their head 'round it:p

(btw, I prefer rwd:roflmao:)
I just don´t see the need to drive around hardware limitations if I can afford a better solution;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips all! I can't see the server anymore, probably because it's race day and I'm not registered. But did some offline laps with Reik's setup and that made it much easier to drive already! Into competitive lap times I think, well, into the 1'29s at least. I probably will not race tonight but might join a race or 2 with these during the championship if that is okay.

Thanks for the tips all! I can't see the server anymore, probably because it's race day and I'm not registered. But did some offline laps with Reik's setup and that made it much easier to drive already! Into competitive lap times I think, well, into the 1'29s at least. I probably will not race tonight but might join a race or 2 with these during the championship if that is okay.

You were/are registered so can join tonight if you wish.
That wouldn't stop you seeing the practice server anyway.

And which of this cars had "power" in triple digits?:p

These whole FWD shenanigans are out of marketing reasons, they wanted cars the public can relate to (win on Sunday......)

Not a platform derivative like TT or Barcheta, but FWD chosen for it´s advantages:p

And about the infancy remark, the engineers (back to the wall) found ways to make moderately high powered FWD cars behave with the "Revo Knuckle" (Focus RS and Meghane RS) but it´s way to expensive for the mainstream.
And with higher power levels they admitted defeat and went AWD, Audi even tried to spin it as a feature:rolleyes:

Lately they had a lot of success in TCR with electronic torque vectoring, but that only shows that FWD has grown up (and todays driver can´t do :poop: without Nannys.

CHANGE MY MIND :cool:

I just don´t see the need to drive around hardware limitations if I can afford a better solution;)

Drive some 90's jap fwd stuff if you ever get the chance. Lightweight high revving engine with LSD is alot of fun on a twisty road.
Mirage mivec or integra type r :) Below 200hp with sticky tyres, FWD is pretty rapid. On low speed roads all the weight over your driven and steering axle can be an advantage.

Sorry Carsten:confused:
Nismo GT-R LM

Admittedly a one off but it was quick ( in a straight line:D). I still prefer RWD but like a challenge!:)
1693142187444.jpeg

Nice find Paul:inlove:

Let me rephrase that:

do you know another purpose build FWD race car that was not a total and complete most embarrassing failure?:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
(can´t get much worse if non of your cars can make the 110% lap time cut :p.
Even Mazespin wasn´t that bad :laugh:)

And this was technically speaking AWD with an early attempt in hybrid technology.

Kudos to Nissan for a nouvelle approach, I sincerely hope the project engineer only got "a room with a view" and did not commit Sepukku :(

Last edited:
Drive some 90's jap fwd stuff if you ever get the chance. Lightweight high revving engine with LSD is alot of fun on a twisty road.
Been there, done that, wore out the T Shirt (actually not true, it was Golf and Scirocco MK1 for me.)

Mirage mivec or integra type r :) Below 200hp with sticky tyres, FWD is pretty rapid. On low speed roads all the weight over your driven and steering axle can be an advantage.
GT86/BRZ; 200 hp with sticky tyres and firmed up suspension with LSD RWD is is pretty rapid.
On low speed roads like my home turf "The Eifel" spreading tyre loads from acceleration, braking and cornering on all fours is clearly an advantage.

FIFY :p

SMALL.JPG

(no affiliation with TMG, just saw the race truck on VLN weekend and jumped on the opportunity)

Hello guys-

I'm a premium member, I couldn't race the first race but i really want to do all the remaining of the championship, It's possible??

For the " sign up / entry list " i should use my log in from my racedepartment account is that it??

Please help on this... i'm new here.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ah ok got it... only then i can do the sign up for the championship right?

I will receive a PM message?

Thanks

Hi Pedro, welcome along. I will send you a PM with login details.
As the next race isn't for a month feel free to sign up for the many other events on there.

As mentioned I need to sort out the entry list. The next one at Donington is only 24 pit boxes but there is a good chance there is one for you.

Hi Pedro, welcome along. I will send you a PM with login details.
As the next race isn't for a month feel free to sign up for the many other events on there.

As mentioned I need to sort out the entry list. The next one at Donington is only 24 pit boxes but there is a good chance there is one for you.
Ok Brian thanks you so much!

My friend and teammate Carlos Basto really wants to do the Championship also. Os there a chance for him?? I can garantee to you that we Will not miss any Race!! We want to Race!

Thanks

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.0%