69 Boss 302 & BMW 3.5 CSL @ Donington National - Tues Sept 14th

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Boss 302 / Race2: BMW 3.5 CSL (BMW CSL with 430HP - numbered #870 - #877)
Track: Donington National (Default Track)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with 302 only. GTC76 Skinpack 1.0 for CSL.

My Setups: To be provided later.

Attachments

• Schntizer_tst.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 255
Man, I love that Stang.

Race 1) The first 10 laps were so awesome with Stu and Stevo, we exchanged places a couple of times, always cleanly, and were pretty much stuck together until I messed up and dropped back. I was too far away to catch up again.

Race 2) What a mess lol! I was all over the place in that Beemer. Slammed into the wall in the last turn before the S/F line 3 times I think (not sure how many times exactly, but definitely more than once lol).
The first time I crashed I messed up my steering and my car was pulling to the right, if you have a wheel this is easy to deal with but with a pad it's a real pain. The second time I lost my front splitter and things just got worse. I did have some fun with Hans and Jack though, so even though it wasn't a stellar performance, it was still an enjoyable one.

Funny thing... I could drive that beast (Stang) for almost an entire race without spinning it, then I jump in the BMW and I can't keep it on the track, go figure.

Big thanks to Thommo for throwing the server up while my brain was on holiday lol.
And thanks to all who showed up, without you guys, there is no GTL Club.

Race 1 - I suspect I wasn't massively popular with Steve & Carlos - I acidentally turned off my mirrors when I was in car, and couldn't remember the key - and at Doni in those Stangs, there wasn really anywhere for me to rest and try and work out the key (it turned out to be the "1"). It was good racing there for quite a while until Carlos dropped off as he said, and then Steve got caught up in Hans' accident, allowing me a relatively pain free run to the line.

Race 2 - I thought the Beemer was harder to drive here, it drifted but not as consistently as the Stang (for me at least). A surprisingly good quali time was made to look better than it was by others going slower than expected, and I was anticipating the swarm after a corner or two. A decent start, a couple of good laps, then a horrific series of laps where I hit kerbs badly, dropping me back to a probably more deserved midfield trundle.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to where we'll be next in these two brutes.

R1 I had big time pressure from Bob mate for two thirds of the race, had to give 100% and a little sweat as he was way faster at some spots. I'm sure a combination of both would have dropped lap time another 1 or 2 seconds. Thanks Bob for being very kind and fair to me.

R2 the CSL was easier for me, more agile, more predictable.

I'ld like to say that dealing with fellows being lapped is also part of the race and no need to leave the track at all. If I'm about to be lapped I'll get 3 warnings (blue fag) until DNF anyway. So one of the next following straights will give enough time to just lift the throttle while remaining on the race line to offer a safe pass.

Thanks to all participants

Sorry for the late post, so all I will say is I had a great time with 2 great cars. thanks to all that raced and big thanks to Carlos & Stu for putting it all together. Grts to the winners and thanks to all the guys that showed up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back