1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

6 months no update

Discussion in 'Next Car Game: Wreckfest' started by xnorb, May 4, 2015.

1. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Heya all,

as the Steam community hub for NCG:WF basically turned into a "bash the devs" wreckfest,
    because there hasn't been a game update for over 6 months, i want to share this chunk of information with you dear RD members:

"I will freely say that we screwed up. We underestimated how big the physics update would really be, and we screwed up by grafting all the new stuff we've done so far into one build, and now that we've past the point of no return, we realize that it would've been better to release new stuff while the physics team works on physicsy stuff. That's all on us, and believe me, we do recognize our errors"

That's from Jori, a Bugbear dev and you can find this here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/611703999963740721/#c611704531882040582
    (last paragraph of his post)

So if you wondered why nothing is happening, there you go.

Can't wait to see that physics update + all the content updates bundled in it finally getting released, but it seems we'll have to wait some more time until we can.

Just a random information :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Jori, a former Bugbear person is more correct? It's disappointing how they have failed to communicate.

3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Well we know that "Steamers" are always angry, I go by whats said on their own forum
    http://community.bugbeargames.com/ It's shame that an update seems be to taking so long.
    I have n't fired it up for a while I found the cars too slippy on track, but the derby's are fun.

4. Yea, development is painfully slow on this title.

5. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Oh, now that came out of nowhere :)
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

This is part of the Steam sale for $14.99. I'm considering buying it. Is it worth that? Figured I'd post and ask since I trust RD posters more than Steam forums and most steam reviews unless I recognize the username.

8. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

It's good bunch of fun.
    Contact and destruction racing at it's finest, the question is: Will the update really come?
    If they finally get the physics update out, i forsee this becoming a great game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agreeing with xnorb, there is a lot of fun to be had with this, even in its current state. The demolition derby events are a blast but my favorite thing thus far is just racing on the figure 8 track and trying to not only survive but actually win. Really good fun.

I think it's worth $14.99 as is, even if it never received another update. But with an update now pending soon, I'd say get it. Besides, the tech demo sneak peek that comes with it is a hilarious blast as well.

10. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

I missed out on it at $14.99 but I'll pick it up as soon as it's on sale again. Thanks for letting me know it's worth it!

11. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

15 hours to go for them to release the update :)

12. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Yes saw that yesterday was hoping to go for a spin today, 15 hours were's that info :whistling:

13. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Oh, right, finland is one hour ahead, so 12 hours left :)

14. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Night shift :rolleyes:

15. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

You mean you're on night shift, or them releasing in the night of july 1st?

But i don't have any doubts they will roll out the update today :)

16. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

No i'm off work so was hoping for a daytime session ;)

17. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Ah, i see :)
    I have to get up at 04:50 in the morning for workout, so no night session for me, then i'll most likely not get to play tomorrow, so i don't mind if they roll out the update on july 2nd ;)

18. Si

Si
    Premium Member

2.6gb update live :)

19. Worst update ever. My game freezes less than five seconds into a race. This game is the reason that Early Access has a bad rep. Nine months between updates, and it seems that they need nine more to have a chance at it working properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Can't even open game on WinXP was okay before, the comments on forums are all bad it's a mess :(