5.- GRAND PRIX DE DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice song here by Chris Rea, but seems to be about the car rather than the track:

Diamond dream when the sun don't shine
I close my eyes to see
Twelve wild horses in silver chains
Calling out to me

Oh Daytona
Shine your light on me
Oh Daytona
Shine your light on me

Now she ain't easy so you take good care
Or she will scream down on your lust
She can please you like no other
Or she can leave you eating dust

Oh Daytona
Shine your light on me
Burning passion heat my day
Let me sit inside your wonder

Cloudless daydream, oh dance of dances
To have tamed the sound of thunder

Oh Daytona
Shine your light on me
Oh Daytona
Shine your light on me

• Roland Ehnström

Fun in the sun? Nope, fun in the rain! :thunder: :rain: :umbrella:

Please explain to me why the race forecast is incorrect.
Here's a correct forecast.
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-States-of-America/Daytona-International-Speedway.aspx

weather.jpg

I'd like to know because it's not the first time our "real weather" is completely different to the actual real weather.

Please explain to me why the race forecast is incorrect.
Here's a correct forecast.
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-States-of-America/Daytona-International-Speedway.aspx

View attachment 24398

I'd like to know because it's not the first time our "real weather" is completely different to the actual real weather.

I don't know how many times I explained this before. It's in the rules, I made 3 posts explaining it, answered to all threads realted... but again :D

We use real climate models (in this case Valencia one, as is shown in the website, because there is no daytona) to generate , but this does not means the weather will match, our weather is fictional, independent from real world.

Thanks.

You are not understanding how it works Mikko.

Our forecast has nothing to do with real forecast in the tracks, never had.

It has only to do with CLIMATE

ClimateMap_World.jpg

And from each clima statistic values of temp/rain/variability in each part of the year, it generates a fictional clima that matches into the general profile of the region in that season.

Hope is more clear now :)

Yes it is clear but I don't understand why we don't use real world forecasts when they are available. More than that I'm just very dissappointed that we will have a "down to luck" race. Thunderstorms on ovals combined with our kill-your-car anticuts are terrible combination. I'm just waiting for all those incident reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back