• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

3D model of cars

Discussion in 'Car Culture' started by fakez, Mar 1, 2017.

1. fakez

fakez
    YoloSwaggins

Ratings:
    +13
    Not quite sure where to put this, but car thread seemed suitable. Admins; move if necessary to a more suitable forum. I want the right people looking in to this forum thread.

Ever find your self needing a 3D model of a certain car, but not know where to go for it and who to ask? I do not want to pay endless amounts of money to buy and download a car model from 3d model sites on the net, and i do not want to buy a game just to reach in to the files to get a car. I hope this thread can be a way for users to share models of cars and other stuff related to the car games world. Either for modding, or as in my case, for a 3D printing project.

I'll go first, and I would love to get a hold of the 3D model of the Ford Focus RS RX Gymkhana 9 from Forza Horizon 3. Anyone able to conjure such a thing?

Have fun - best regards from a 3D teacher and racing gamer!

2. fakez

fakez
    YoloSwaggins

Ratings:
    +13
    If anyone got Forza Horizon 3 with the Blizzard Mountain DLC, here is a video helping you to extract the 3d files for the car:

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,803
    Id like to see 3d models of cars the don't exist, put into a game
    No more copyright to worry about for over zealous car companies trying to protect their product , which i do understand
    lets say, give a small set of perimeters to work too, tires and engines to be the same for example, and let your imagination run wild.
    not a copy of a existing car.. But something new..
    Get a full series made 5 or 6 types of cars
    add some different skins
    add the physics
    And race...

id even pay for the privilege to download it...

I may of stolen this idea from somebody, but its good so why not share it..:)