1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

3 years active in RaceDepartment.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Georgios Davakos, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Georgios Davakos

Georgios Davakos

Ratings:
    +332
    Hello Everyone who are reading this post. I just wanted to share with you that in two weeks I will have been here in RaceDepartment for 3 years.

I still can't belive it that I have been here for 3 years as it honestly feels like it was yesterday. I remember meeting so many nice people, some Sim-Racing heros and making many good friends. Participating in my first ever league race, the American F3000 Grand Prix Championship which is even today the best league I have ever participated in. I can also remember the time when RD was getting live stream for the first time which was such a great and big thing at that time while now it is the most obvious thing to have. :)

At the start, RaceDepartment was a forum I visited once in a while and the more I visited the breaks from each visit started getting much shorter until the forum became my cup of te. I most have spent so many hours on the forum but every single second was worth it. :D

Are there other people who have neither been here for 3 or more years on the forum then feel free to talk about your personal experience. :)

2. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Same here, it was yesterday, that I had my first club race 3 years ago. I remember the whole event still:)
    My first league appearance was also AF3kGPC, I had to miss many races though unfortunately.
    3 truely epic years I must say:)

3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,671
    Wow same here Giorgos. Really surprised to see how times goes quickly.

Hope to have you here for more years Giorgos and Peter! :)

4. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,287
    Time flies eh :) Nice to still have guys like you around after such a long time.

5. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,075
    I'm ten months new lol, but it has been good!. Not enough racing for me but i did meet a lot of good people here. I did finally join a league for the fall/winter season,so well see where that takes me.:) Nice to be part of RD!:cool:. I hope i'm still around in three years from now.

6. Sebastien Levret

Sebastien Levret

Ratings:
    +80
    My three years on this forum will come soon !!!!

7. Georgios Davakos

Georgios Davakos

Ratings:
    +332
    I just noticed that me and Omer Said joined RD the same day :D , but I wonder who joined earlier? :p

8. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,671
    Omg! Are we twins?! :wink:

9. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +603
    Congratulations. When the time is right, I will race against each and every one of you even if I am last place! :tongue:

My year anniversary will be coming in December '11. I have not really made an impact.

10. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,287
    Yes you did :thumb:

11. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Ratings:
    +339
    Mohammed, what makes you say that? :)

It's great seeing people active on the forum :)

12. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    FERRIS WHEEL! :D I think everyone has made atleast a small impact or RD wouldnt be what it is now. :)

13. Resi Respati

Resi Respati

Ratings:
    +24
    Ah, that feeling you get to be in the veterans' club. :)