3/8 Mile Lanier National Speedway and UMP Modified Dirt Cars Coming to iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing UMP Modified Next Month 3.jpg

iRacing have confirmed the UMP Modified and Lanier National Speedway dirt track will be released to the simulation next month.

With loose surface racing have taken something of the limelight in iRacing over recent months, the new Lanier National Speedway will add another new short oval dirt track to the simulation and will mark the very first time a 3/8 mile dirt oval has appeared on the service.

In something of a nice move by iRacing, the Lanier Speedway will be a free piece of content for existing members of iRacing when it hits next in September, surely meaning it will feature heavily in the scheduled race events on the software over the coming months.

The UMP Modified car has been built in cooperation with Mike McKinney of McKinney Motorsports, who as well as allowing iRacing to scan his car as a basis for the model in game, also provided plenty of data towards the eventual physics calculations used to create the new content.

Mike McKinnie iRacing UMP Modified Car.jpg

McKinney is no stranger to success in UMP Modifieds, having tasted victory in 17 A-Main feature events and most recently having taken championship honours at the 2016 UMP Northern Illinois, 2016 Kankakee County Speedway and 2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway.

Both car and track will be made available as part of the September build update to iRacing.com.

iRacing is a large scale multiplayer racing simulation exclusive to PC and available from Steam.

iRacing UMP Modified Next Month 2.jpg
iRacing UMP Modified Next Month.jpg

For more news and opinion regarding iRacing, check out the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and become part of the sim racing community.

Like the look of the new car and track? Enjoying dirt oval racing in the simulation? Want to see more of this kind of content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

All dirt cars are ugly imo, but racing them is quite a bit fun.

well, for me the dirt street stock is pretty nice ;) (but you're right, others are a bit ugly,... and fun^^)

reading what steve Myers said in twiter, it seems that dirt racing is really a priority for iracing... They know it's not perfect yet, and still want to improve it (and add rallycross "#soon")
Honestly I won't buy these car, for now I got all content, but don't race dirt, only have some practice, for fun...
@++

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

I start to be a bit bored by this "always new content way" ... I mean, there are still 2 tech tracks who needs to be finished, some others needs updates (textures, colors and layout), some cars needs adjustements (or physics updates), an improved sound and damage model won't be too much...but no..."new content", always "new content", loving consumerism...(yes, I understand : they have to earn some money, that make the game alive, and better everytime...)
Btw, these new content are great ;) ...for those interested
@++

That track looks great and the video reminds me of how much great fun the old Ratbag games were (Dirt Track Racing and Sprint Car Racing). Man, I loved those. It makes me sad that the only current sim currently replicating that style of racing is iRacing. Would really love to see a well-done modern day dirt/Sprint Car Racing sim that did not cost what iRacing costs.

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
Their concept of free tends to be a little different than mine.:cautious::sneaky:
If I buy a steak and crab leg dinner for $40, and for dessert they give me a "free" bowl of ice cream. They then inform me, I also have to buy a spoon before I can eat the ice cream.
Well after all that, the word "free" just doesn't have that much meaning anymore. :laugh:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000