rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IMPORTANT

The server issue has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience - there were some unforeseen problems with the vmod. The server you should login to is RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WEC. GetMod should be working to allow you to download any missing components.

I think there is a problem with the vmod.When you join the server you can select the isi corvette bop but once in the server all the vettes are the GT3 ZO6 vettes,I think the apex modding one.:O_o:Also one of the other guys on the server said he had no sound and somebody else said the garage door was shut and could not get out.:unsure:Also it's raining witch kinda sucks.

EDIT #1 I tried joining with the isi vette and that was ok but when i added ai for a bit of rubber they were driving the appex modding GT3 vette?

EDIT #2 I just realized all three apex cars are included in the vmod,that explanes a lot.:D

Last edited:
I have flickering on the rear of the SLS as well and a bit on the Seat Leon. I tried other tracks without a problem.
Two more things I noticed:
- WIth a 30 car field of Seat Leons offline I get a massive FPS drop from normal 70FPS down to 7 FPS. Reducing opponent detail helped a bit, but still pretty bad maybe because of all the driffrent liveries?! I tested the older Nords version with 100 cars without problems.
- Edgar reported, that the Seat engine breaks after a few km. I had a look at it and if you downshift very aggressive and over Rev the engine like in real live the party is over fast. Other cars are more forgiving. So keep in mind the car has a short gearbox and downshift accordingly. Normal engine lifetime is around 8 hours. The rev limiter is 6800rpm, if you hit more than 7200rpm on a downshift the engine can fail very fast.

By the way the Seat is a brilliant little car. I did a whole lap and it is really enjoyable :)

I think there is a problem with the vmod.When you join the server you can select the isi corvette bop but once in the server all the vettes are the GT3 ZO6 vettes,I think the apex modding one.:O_o:Also one of the other guys on the server said he had no sound and somebody else said the garage door was shut and could not get out.:unsure:Also it's raining witch kinda sucks.

EDIT #1 I tried joining with the isi vette and that was ok but when i added ai for a bit of rubber they were driving the appex modding GT3 vette?

EDIT #2 I just realized all three apex cars are included in the vmod,that explanes a lot.:D

Are there still problems with the server Matt? And is anybody else having any issues? Regarding the Apex Modding Corvette, the reason I kept it in is for the sake of comparison. ;) However, the Porsche shouldn't be selectable - I removed these from the list of available cars when starting up the server.

Which car was missing audio? Was it one (or more) of the Apex Modding cars per chance?

Regarding the closed garage door, this is a problem with the track itself. Removing the door would require a bit of work to edit the track, which might be more trouble than it's worth at the moment. If it becomes a serious issue then I will look into resolving it. :thumbsup:

Finally, the reason why there is rain is because the conditions during the race will be mixed (10% chance of rain at some point during the 3rd quarter of the race), so I set the practice session to have 15% chance of rain in the 3rd quarter as well so that people can test / practice driving in the wet as well. However, if you think it would be best to keep it dry then I can change it.

Just a quick heads up for everyone, there will be a new vmod released tomorrow following an update to the BOP Corvette. Hopefully after this all (remaining) server issues are resolved. :whistling:

EDIT:
Regarding the SLS AMG GT3 flickering issue, this may be a combination of LOD and memory usage (with the latter being an issue on the server side). We now have an updated server - thank goodness, because we wouldn't have been able to run this on the old one :roflmao: - but the memory usage for this rF2 server is through the roof, and there is a lot of stuff going on, so this may be partially to blame. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do about this, but I'll keep and eye on the problem, and look into it.

Last edited:
Sign me in for the Nissan!
Hi Marcel! The licensing system is now closed, so if you would like to race you must first purchase a Premium membership, and I'll then be able to add you to the sign-up list. As of next month it will be mandatory for all race participants to have Premium membership anyway. You can buy the upgrade from here, or select the Premium tab at the top of the page! :) We look forward to seeing you on track.

Are there still problems with the server Matt? And is anybody else having any issues? Regarding the Apex Modding Corvette, the reason I kept it in is for the sake of comparison. ;) However, the Porsche shouldn't be selectable - I removed these from the list of available cars when starting up the server.

Which car was missing audio? Was it one (or more) of the Apex Modding cars per chance?

Regarding the closed garage door, this is a problem with the track itself. Removing the door would require a bit of work to edit the track, which might be more trouble than it's worth at the moment. If it becomes a serious issue then I will look into resolving it. :thumbsup:

Finally, the reason why there is rain is because the conditions during the race will be mixed (10% chance of rain at some point during the 3rd quarter of the race), so I set the practice session to have 15% chance of rain in the 3rd quarter as well so that people can test / practice driving in the wet as well. However, if you think it would be best to keep it dry then I can change it.

Just a quick heads up for everyone, there will be a new vmod released tomorrow following an update to the BOP Corvette. Hopefully after this all (remaining) server issues are resolved. :whistling:

EDIT:
Regarding the SLS AMG GT3 flickering issue, this may be a combination of LOD and memory usage (with the latter being an issue on the server side). We now have an updated server - thank goodness, because we wouldn't have been able to run this on the old one :roflmao: - but the memory usage for this server is through the roof, and there is a lot of stuff going on, so this may be partially to blame. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do about this, but I'll keep and eye on the problem, and look into it.
I tested it offline and had the same flickering issue, so I dont think it is server related. Had no issues selection cars so far :)

I tested it offline and had the same flickering issue, so I dont think it is server related. Had no issues selection cars so far :)
No, its definitly not a server issue, got it offline, too. But this flickering is really annoying. Maybe it would be better, to remove the AMG...
Right, OK. Sounds like a client-side memory "issue", due to the vast amount that is being consumed by the game just for the track. It's a good job that rF2 has native support for 64-bit machines. :p However, it might also be a graphical memory problem - does the flickering still occur if you reduce the game's graphical settings?

Right, OK. Sounds like a client-side memory "issue", due to the vast amount that is being consumed by the game just for the track. It's a good job that rF2 has native support for 64-bit machines. :p However, it might also be a graphical memory problem - does the flickering still occur if you reduce the game's graphical settings?
Yes, I reduced some settings and still the same. I didnt test everything as I rather take a bit of flickering on a few cars then having horrible graphics :D

Right, OK. Sounds like a client-side memory "issue", due to the vast amount that is being consumed by the game just for the track...
Memory consumption was 6.0 GB around, of total 16 GB RAM. GFX (GTX980) was around 70% usage.

Reducing settings didn`t changed anything. Still flickering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back