F1 2012 2GB File Download on Patch?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
When starting up my F1 2012 last night for the club race, it gave me an update window, and I thought fair enough, patch 5 is on its way.

But when it started downloading, it showed up as a 2GB download. What would've caused this?

I selected reinstall from the disc, but yet again it starts the 2GB dl. So there is seemingly no way to avoid the download.

This is really frustrating as I already have a limited cap, and I cannot start the game with this issue.

It was running fine with patch 4 mere minutes before this.

Thanks for any help.

Very strange. I haven't updated my game yet but tonight I'll see if I have the same amount of data to download.

Thank you. What is weird is that no-one else seems to have to download that much with this patch.

Also when I run "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -install e: and reinstall the game, even if it had file conflicts, surely it should replace all the erroneous files from disk?

But even then, it still starts downloading the 2GB file...

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Yes thanks, I have probably done that 10 times now but that also causes it to start downloading the 2GB file! Reinstalling and see how THAT goes ARRRGHHHH

It's looking like you can't avoid it this time, and you may have to suck it up .... :thumbsdown:

But once it's done, it may be worth keeping a backup copy of the install folder using Windows Explorer, or right clicking on the game in Steam and selecting 'backup game files', this method provides compression to save space.

In my case, I just WinRar'd the game folder to another external drive. It compresses to about 5.4 GB from 7.6 GB

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back