rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Varshko-Ovragi - Monday December 12th 2011 [WINTER EVENT]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualy:

Tony started qualy right behind me, on the outlap, he did not slow to give himself space. On the first hotlap, he tried to overtake me but he collided with me which ruined our laps. Then I let Wayne passed and I was trying to Let Alex Rolls passed, i slowed down gradually off the racing line but he went straight into the back of me. After I managed to complete some laps, I surprised myself and got 11th with a time exactly the same as Scott's.

Race 1:

Carnage ensued before Turn 1 as a collision between Steve, Scott and someone else happened before Turn 1. I managed to avoid Scott's car flying across the track. I was up to 8th or 9th by the exit of Turn 1 but then Steve hit the back of me sending me into a spin. I stopped as soon as I could but Scott has nowhere to go and hit me causing me race ending Suspension Damage.

Race 2: I started last for the race alongside Scott (who should of started 12th but Adam forgot him when sorting out the grid it seemed). It was a slow and steady start and I was up to about 12th. Can't remember exactly.

I gained places everylap as people were crashing into trees, other cars, snow banks and even people. Was up to about 9th, Alex gave me a few nudges when overtaking me. Then James was behind me, he tried to overtake me by drifting onto the inside corners expecting me to suddenly slow down by about 30 mph and go about 2 car widths away...

After a few laps, He managed to overtake me at the of the last turn. At Turn 1, I tried to undercut him and I was on the inside and level with him into the corner. But he closed the door sending me into a spin costing me about 5 seconds.

On Lap 7, Erik crashed at Turn 4 and rejoined right into me. I went over the barrier. He waited for me but when I was trying to rejoin, he started to reverse so I had to stay above the barrier on the high snow. However, there wasn't enough space on the snow bank and I hit a tree. Wheel off.

That is the 2nd 207 event in a row where someone has rejoined into me.

Thanks for the race! well, as expected - using joystick sucks :p
but I had great head on battle with Vitoldas for 4-5 laps, then my engine started overheating, and my hand became totaly ruined of racing with joystick,
Next time wheel only, no alternatives :)

Apologies as sent by pm Bradley, lack of mirrors doesn't help!

Like I said already, didn't realise we had collided til i watched the replay back to see what happened to you.

On Lap 7, Erik crashed at Turn 4 and rejoined right into me. I went over the barrier. He waited for me but when I was trying to rejoin, he started to reverse so I had to stay above the barrier on the high snow. However, there wasn't enough space on the snow bank and I hit a tree. Wheel off.

That is the 2nd 207 event in a row where someone has rejoined into me.

I'm sorry Bradley. I should have looked better around me, and used more time.
I reversed out of the racing line so no one else could hit me.

On the positive side, I had a really great time in race 1, battling with Adam nearly the whole race.

And thanks to Adam and RD for the race. :)

Qual: 7th with a personal best. Was pleased with that.

R1: After a fairly poor start and getting span out managed to claw back up to 7th after an awesome battle with Eike Roeding. managed to Eike approx. 5 laps earlier but he managed to get back at me on the remaining few corners. There was less than a tenth between us over the line.

R2: Caught in a collision off the grid after someone span in front of me. Managed to get going in 8th after a few love taps through the first few bends. Steadily took spinners and made a couple of overtakes and finished 3rd. Very pleased with a podium as this mod is new to me and this is only my second race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.