rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Varano 2010 - Monday September 19th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great 1st race with Wayne and me battling the whole race, some screenshots below. Let's just forget there was a 2nd race.

rFactor2011-09-1922-13-41-33.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-14-00-06.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-14-31-99.jpg
rFactor2011-09-1922-15-14-98.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-15-31-16.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-15-40-13.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-15-56-22.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-16-26-74.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-18-52-78.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-19-10-61.jpg

rFactor2011-09-1922-19-22-39.jpg

Quali: Pleased with the lap and took 4th.

Race 1: Made a good start and kept to the outside for turn 1. Followed the guys ahead through but got hit from behind which meant I spun round. Got going again in 13th and managed to gain a few places but the car had some damage. I was following Jeroen before hitting the bump in turn 2 and rolled. Dropped behind Mike who I was able to repass at the end to finish 9th.

Race 2: Started 8th after someone dropped out. Made a good start and attacked Vitoldas. I took the wide line into turn 3 but he was always going to keep the spot if I carried on around the outside. Decidd to cut back and got past on the straight. Found myslef up in 4th before having a tangle with Rob (sorry) droping us back down the field. Regained a few of those places and had Andy behind me. We both closed the gap to the top 4 very quickly to make it a 6-way battle. Rob and Wayne both span, and Kjell went off as well, leaving me to attack Jeroen for the final few laps. Going onto the final lap I had a lot more speed down to turn 1. Lag intervened though and his car initially went right So I went left bit his car resynced and it was in the same spot. I took to the grass to avoid but gave him a nudge. I let him back through and finished 2nd. Just couldn't get past you tonight Jeroen :)

Thanks guys for racing.

Jeroen is a team mate and we was on our team speak in another site.
When Jeroen start at p1 in race 2 i try act bodyguard for him but i start p7 but i avoid in 1 lap to be touched.
After 3 4 laps i could get up to p2 then try cover his ass in the race in the last laps drivers behind start to be closer.
and i struggle to cover Jeroen.
First to pass me was Adam and on last lap Rob Hemans comes like a wind pass me so i end 4 was great fun this monday too.
I love race on racedepartment all drivers is so good drivers use breaks not crasch.
I really wanna now drivers rating/ranks it must be sky high :)
p.s Thanks Vitoldas Pocopko for the great setup you send me.

Your welcome, Kjell. These are club events, not a league, so I guess it's a good place to share what we have learned and learn from others. I'm still figuring out how those setups are affecting the car. Actually, I managed to create faster setup for this track, it was perfect on corner entry and exit, though had a bit of oversteer in apex. Was tempted to use it, but the car was really unstable in that fast chicane. And what I'm aiming at when testing the setup is the car that I can drive, rather than the fastest car.

And Adam that was a hell of the pass there in race 2. I was looking in the mirrors and thinking "Why is he doing everything so right?", I even kind of liked it :)

As for my race.
Finished 5th and 6th. More or less happy with it (just too many mistakes in race 2), since as a rookie I'm looking for consistency, not the win, not yet at least :p

P.S. I wish Rob would share his setup with us, as I think he's doing something differently, not to use it, just to get some ideas...

I'd be happy to share my setup..no one has asked until now! I would never claim to be the fastest nor the best driver, and I'm certainly not good at developing a setup. It's not all that critical with a car like the 207 (compared to F1, for example). As Vitoldas said, consistency is the key, although I wouldn't presume to tell any of you how to drive. Personally, I try not to brake as late as possible (save that for overtaking!) but to try to concentrate on corner exits, especially in combination corners, where I focus on getting maximum acceleration out of the LAST one.

I'll try to get on the server before race night (probably Sunday) and if that's not possible, I'll post the setup on the thread for that race.

:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back