2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept

Cars 2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
jrubinsteintowler submitted a new resource:

2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept - An independent design concept exploring a modern-day Integra Type R

After numerous weekends putting this together I feel it's in good enough shape for an initial release.

This mod is based on my own design concept for a fifth-generation Honda Integra coupe in Type R form, specifically the 2023 facelift.

Putting this in Assetto Corsa was largely an exercise in evaluating my design surfaces in motion, and for the novelty of having my own work be...

Read more about this resource...

Yo, if you don't mind I wanted to add some additional notes on this car and offer some changes. I'm more on the app side of modding rather than modeling/shaders or physics but I know cars well. I actually read articles about your original render and desperately wish Honda would make this a reality.

The txMap is low res and an easy fix I think, I'm not sure what the proper map should be but I just used a calculated AO from the CSP showroom and it seems fine. You can use alt+H to hide emblems and things you don't want included.
tx.png

The audio is good, I would personally use exterior A and interior B. If you want an IRL reference Childstar has a 300whp K24 with a very muffled exhaust YouTube - K24 SLEEPER MODE...A HONDA WITHOUT THE FART which basically sounds like nothing, mostly valvetrain noise lol.

The power LUT is good, 278bhp to 236whp is a reasonable number for a factory car and ~15% drivetrain loss is about right for a k-series 6 speed. It's fun on a tight track like gunsai. I haven't checked it in detail or compared it to IRL but it feels good.

The exhaust diameter seemed too small, but it measures about 2.5-2.75" which is about right for the displacement and power. Of course enthusiasts would go 3" but I think the factory would probably go as small as possible for scavenging. Maybe with a larger tip, but the subtle small one is growing on me.

I would increase the 300 steer lock, it's tricky to control on tight tracks. The '23 FL5 and '23 A91 are both 378 (2.1 L-R) which feels better to me. Nissan has comfortably low locks, the R35=432 and 370z=486 for reference. If you want to experiment you can calculate ratio change without affecting the tie rod (same steering angles) using (new ratio) = (new lock / current lock) * current ratio

Front toe is too high @ 0.8 degrees. FL5 factory limit is 1/32" which is about 0.1 degrees. There's also no caster, which might be why you set a high front toe. Positive caster has a similar self centering effect. Note that AC displays reversed caster (negative is positive) (FL5 has like 7.5 degrees caster)

There's a giant rabbit hole of physics that could be fell down but I'm not concerned at the moment and honestly I don't know anything about modern Honda geometry

The only design thing for me is the C pillar split. It does look cool but it doesn't seem feasible? I think a separate piece would be dope, it could be glass or an ITR badge (or both), and (fictional) owners could paint match if they wanted. Dunno, just an idea. I know it's different from your original render. Just seems like a weird shape of glass to manufacture and it might have structural problems

I also made a basic extension config for brighter brake lights + indicators.
Code:
; [car]\extension\ext_config.ini
; -----------------------------------------------
; Brake lights

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...] ; Running light (top line)
NAME=REAR_LIGHTS
FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR=10,0,0, 80
COLOR=10,0,0, 150
LOCATION=REAR

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...] ; Main brake (bottom line)
NAME=BRAKE_LIGHT_A
COLOR=10,0,0, 150
;FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR=10,0,0, 80
LOCATION=REAR

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...] ; 3rd brake
NAME=pasted__group240_polySurface2291
COLOR=10,0,0, 250
LOCATION=REAR

; -----------------------------------------------
; Indicators

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_...]
ACTIVE=1
NAME=INDICATOR_LEFT_SUB0, INDICATOR_LEFT_SUB1
COLOR=3,1.2,0, 80
LAG=0.6
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
CAST_LIGHT=5

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_...]
ACTIVE=1
NAME=INDICATOR_RIGHT
COLOR=3,1.2,0, 80
LAG=0.6
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
CAST_LIGHT=5

thanks again

Last edited:
another small addition to the ext_config

; Reverse light [EMISSIVE_REVERSE_0] NAME= REVERSE_LIGHT COLOR=50,50,50 LAG=0.3 SIMULATE_HEATING=3 CAST_LIGHT=1 LOCATION=REAR

and a potential fix for the plastic parts :) If you would like

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 141325.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 141325.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
jrubinsteintowler updated 2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept with a new update entry:

2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept v0.2 UPDATE

2023 Honda Integra Type R (DC8) Design Concept​

v0.2

I was blown away at the helpful feedback I received after the 0.1 release. I've looked over what was suggested and baked as much as I could into this new update.

UPDATES:

-Refined geometry
-Updated textures
-Updated dash-cam
-Added wiper animations (will add detailed geometry in later update)
-Added door animations
View attachment 739386
-Added visual damage/dust
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wiper animation is broken and crashes, delete it and it's fine. and yeah only the windshield has raindrops from the inside. Pretty sure RainFX uses material guessing with names. Copy the exterior glass, shift it inside a bit and invert faces, set to transparent, mess with the names. You can look at Kunos cars to see, I think it's usually like int_windscreen or something like that. You can probably just clone what you did with the windshield.

Haven't driven it much but liking version 0.2 so far, I noticed you changed the window split to the upper trim haha that makes more sense to me

Main thing I've noticed so far is the indicator lights on the cluster are way too bright

Thanks for updating this

Wiper animation is broken and crashes, delete it and it's fine. and yeah only the windshield has raindrops from the inside. Pretty sure RainFX uses material guessing with names. Copy the exterior glass, shift it inside a bit and invert faces, set to transparent, mess with the names. You can look at Kunos cars to see, I think it's usually like int_windscreen or something like that. You can probably just clone what you did with the windshield.

Haven't driven it much but liking version 0.2 so far, I noticed you changed the window split to the upper trim haha that makes more sense to me

Main thing I've noticed so far is the indicator lights on the cluster are way too bright

Thanks for updating this
Thanks for the feedback!

Odd that the wiper animation is the culprit as it works completely fine on my side.

Will be sure to include full internal glass and tweak the cluster lights in the next update.

This Integra Type R concept is wild; despite being only on street-legal semislick tyres, having slightly less power, less torque and more weight, it can go toe-to-toe with the Octavia Cup Car on the Nordschleife in terms of lap time!

Hi. I use Pure 0.251 and CSP 0.2.3. preview 1. The game crash in dashboard view or sometimes chase view whenever it is raining
Delete the wiper animation file

This Integra Type R concept is wild; despite being only on street-legal semislick tyres, having slightly less power, less torque and more weight, it can go toe-to-toe with the Octavia Cup Car on the Nordschleife in terms of lap time!
they both have similar power and weight. Not sure how much difference the slicks would actually make. A stock FL5 is significantly faster than both

I just created a skin for this car which can be downloaded here, and I must say while it's far from the worst texture wrap I've seen, it does need some work:

The diffuse texture has no baked-in AO for the Integra badges front & back or the Integra Type R badges on the sides which makes placement of logos harder than necessary to prevent overlap with those badges. Furthermore, the doors are not one continuous mesh with the top part of the doors connected to the other topmost bodywork so patterns are harder to align across the seams. Lastly, the back part of the liftback is mirrored horizontally; having any major body panel have its mapping mirrored is a bad practice since they're very likely to have decals placed on those areas as part of a livery so a mirrored texture adds an unnecessary extra step.

Please consider this feedback not only for this car but for any future car mods you upload going forward as a good template goes a long way in helping skin creators

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.