2022 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

I tuned into Monaco and it was a rain delay as they chainged tires. The track's contract is up and may not be renewed as there are better street races. When we finaly got going it was ok. The Track as mutch as i dont like it gives underdogs a chance. Remember DC in McLaren Mercedes held up by Bernoldi in a ARROWS COSWORTH (Not a good car compared to McLaren) Or Oliver Panis win. Its so slow that AIro is not a factor and drivers in the mid to back of pack are more used to sow pace and trafic. So well done Mr Perez, Just becuse hes number 2 to Max dose not mean he cant get a pole or win. And he can keep up with Max unlike Albon and Gasly who failed in the same seat. But what made me laugh was the Princes son, He seems bored and out of tune with what is happeneing, i was the same when i was 5 and in some ways i still am. So keep monaco if only to help the underdogs. As the top drivers are all about speed and power which dose not work here. Its more like the Friday evening drive home in rush our.

..... there are better street race....

Such as ... anywhere. Monaco as a racing circuit has been an anachronism for seventy years, suitable for nothing over 100hp; only the fact that many of the deep-pockets F1 people, from administration through drivers, live there keeps it on the schedule.

Consider - take the circuit out of Monaco and place it on a hillside anywhere else in Europe, add the normal track amenities (grandstands, food courts, etc.) and propose F1 race there. They wouldn't think enough of the idea to even laugh at it.

Obviously the circuit is not the attraction. Just a weekend long block party of multimillionaires watching expensive cars parade downtown at normal highway speeds.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back