2018 Italian Grand Prix: Vettel vs Hamilton - Who Was at Fault?

Going forward...expecting things to get ugly.

I predict that Hamilton will keep driving like Max and pay the price, not from the FIA of course, but from another driver.
I know that i'm not going to be popular with this but i think Hamilton was at fault (yes im a Ferrari fan at least with these pilots, the Alonso-Massa team was a joke). Let me explain... I wouldnt have given them a penalty either. This situation wasn't worth any penalty because it wasn't illegal in any way, but still it was more of a fault of Ham than Vet, he should have given more space to turn, F1 cars or not they have limits too.

You are too damn logical to be here in the Hamilton fan club. You're out. Buh bye.

Yes yes. I'm biased because I don't buy into your "Hamilton and Verstappen did the exact same thing" crap. Believe whatever you want, no point arguing with delusional people, or hopefully just trolling.

If you can't see that both drivers did not leave enough room, then yes you are delusional. I haven't heard one logical argument from you as to why Hamilton not leaving enough room for Vettel to make the corner is any different than Max not leaving enough room for Bottas. The only conclusion can be that you are biased. Lets face it, most fans are biased. You seem to be a passionate Hamilton fan, and that's ok.

Personally I kind of think F1 sucks and don't have a dog in the fight as I could care less who wins. I was merely pointing out that the stewards are wildly inconsistent with their calls.

Personally I kind of think F1 sucks and don't have a dog in the fight as I could care less who wins. I was merely pointing out that the stewards are wildly inconsistent with their calls.
I personally think you are here to troll threads. If you are not interested, don't bother making argumentative posts. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

If you can't see that both drivers did not leave enough room, then yes you are delusional.

It looks to me like vettel had more than enough room. He is about 0.5m away from the inside kerb. He just didn't have the maturity or race craft to know when to back out of a situation. Again.
skysports-ham-vet-clashj-monza_4409146.jpg

I personally think you are here to troll threads. If you are not interested, don't bother making argumentative posts. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Who said I wasn't interested? I watched the race. I thought it was a joke, at least the penalty on Max. I think F1 is highly political. Watch some of the drivers meetings, watch a few races and you'll see who they are coddling.

If anyone is trolling it might be fans who are unwilling to admit when their team caught a lucky break and try to explain it away.

Had the tables been turned and Max had been the one dumping Hamilton back to last place, people would be screaming bloody murder and how dirty Max is. I find that highly amusing.

It looks to me like vettel had more than enough room. He is about 0.5m away from the inside kerb. He just didn't have the maturity or race craft to know when to back out of a situation. Again.
View attachment 268158

That's a worse picture to go by. It's well after the corner and after contact. So you really can't tell anything from it. The previous one that the Hamilton troll posted was much more revealing where you could see that Vettel was forced over the white line by Hamilton. Tough situation when someone cuts you off like that, but it's still a racing incident. Probably the next time Hamilton will be the one to spin out.

Well, as a German I support Vettel. Hamilton is a way better driver. I am driving Monza a lot in AC. In this situation I would have let Hamilton pass for sure, he is side by side and he can make the next corner, if I push too hard it will happen what happened. Vettel makes too many simple mistakes this season and for that alone Hamilton deserves the championship unless Vettel learns to be as smart as him. Watch him waiting for Raikkonen to loose his tires, patient, clever and then overtaking when Raikkonen won't make a silly move any more because he knows he had put a good fight for the people with no way to win. Hamilton demonstrates that he can read the other drivers emotions and he understands that winning is all about mental strength if too cars or drivers are on the same level. Without all the bad luck Hamilton had during the other season, Rosberg could have never won the title. Only technical problems can beat Hamilton and Max potentially can, because he is in the same way crazy in which Hamilton is self-controlled.

Thumbs up for Hamilton. Respect. He should try to become a better looser though.

Racing incident. Vettel was maybe caught out a little bit by Hamilton coming down the outside into the second chicane. Definitely a brave move from Hamilton. It could have backfired but in the end it worked out brilliantly well for him - he who dares wins and all that!

Could Ferrari have positioned Vettel behind kimi for that final Q3 run for him to benefit from the long tow you get at Monza? Would it have made a difference to his grid position anyway bearing in mind the small mistake he made on his lap? Who knows. Ferrari's qualifying strategy still interesting though.

I think they are both at fault. It was a racing incident where two cars wanted the same piece of track and they both ignored the real possibility they'd hit each other. Hamilton could have left more room and still gotten the place. I don't think there was much Vettel could do other than back off (which was never going to happen).

But that's racing, "I'm going to crash" isn't the first thing that goes through these guys minds when they are in a heated battle with their nemesis.

They raced too hard, Hamilton got lucky, that's racing. It's not really worth arguing about after that.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%