2018 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Ferrari racing with 2 drivers, Merc with 1. This is what defined the race. Vettel made a mistake, Ferrari made mistakes, and Merc used Bottas as a doorstop. Max's immaturity gave Vettel some points this time, instead of taking.

If Kimi hadn't covered into Turn 1 Vettel would have won. He was doing the same laps as the leaders on the harder tyre.

F1 is so boring! :rolleyes:

We just seen the most amazing Monza GP since 2008. My Ferrariheart breaks down a bit more, but Lewis had this thanks to tyre degradation on Kimi's car. And Kimi certainly showed he deserves that seat for next year.

Come on, I was on the edge of my seat during that fight between Lewis and Kimi, felt like Monza 91 Mansell-Senna.
Its still is boring ;)

Max Max and Max...always Max!!! Does he not know the rules??? He thinks he is entitled to do whatever he wants and gets away with only 5seconds penalty?? He is a cheater and is using it to prevent people from trying to overtake such is the high probability of crashing and retiring!!! Redbull is backing up this cheater since ages... I realy hope Redbull drops to the back of the grid next year!!! Totally deserve it.

That RB kid seriously needs some mental therapy for having the gall to question the stewards decision on his deranged driving.
Not a Lewis fan but he drove really well and oh thank heavens for another weekend of not having to hear "tutti frutti, grazzie ragazzi kamakazi."

I think there should be a legal enforcing in formula 1. No more "number 1 pilots" in contracts. The concept of "i should be the more important driver" in contracts should be abolished. We all know what kimi or bottas can do if set loose. Enough of vettel and lewis. It's already enough that we have two dominant teams in f1, they shouldn't narrow drivers championship down to 2 drivers too.

But yeah it was the best race of 2018.

Max Max and Max...always Max!!! Does he not know the rules??? He thinks he is entitled to do whatever he wants and gets away with only 5seconds penalty?? He is a cheater and is using it to prevent people from trying to overtake such is the high probability of crashing and retiring!!! Redbull is backing up this cheater since ages... I realy hope Redbull drops to the back of the grid next year!!! Totally deserve it.

Haha troll

Yepp that is racing Max defends his line there was not real a gap

Great race by Hamilton,Verstappen,yet another brain fade.

Danny unfortunate with engine problems,looks like he can’t wait to get out of RB.

Phenomenal GP from start to end.

Especially brilliant battles by Hamilton and Raikkonen and very entertaining display of stupidity by Verstappen. At least thanks to his "skills", Vettel could limit the damage and keep the championship alive.

I think there should be a legal enforcing in formula 1. No more "number 1 pilots" in contracts. The concept of "i should be the more important driver" in contracts should be abolished. We all know what kimi or bottas can do if set loose. Enough of vettel and lewis. It's already enough that we have two dominant teams in f1, they shouldn't narrow drivers championship down to 2 drivers too.

But yeah it was the best race of 2018.

Yeah but there would be no sure way to enforce it. The teams could always have a talk before the race, away from everyone else. And there are a hundred ways to stage it, ie "oh no there's a mechanical issue" or "my tyres are gone, I'm going slowly". That's why it was decided (I think 2010?) that all team orders are allowed, because there is no way to enforce it.

I may be slightly mad that Bottas drove like he did, but truth be told there is a reason why there are 2 drivers per team. I just wish Ferrari would also play it like a team game.

You have had to wait for months :roflmao::sleep:

Max doing nothing special

Haha troll

Yepp that is racing Max defends his line there was not real a gap

Wow...Max could run right into the back of someone, DRS open and throttle to the floor...and you will defend him to the bitter end.

Sir, you amuse me. :roflmao:

Yeah but there would be no sure way to enforce it. The teams could always have a talk before the race, away from everyone else. And there are a hundred ways to stage it, ie "oh no there's a mechanical issue" or "my tyres are gone, I'm going slowly". That's why it was decided (I think 2010?) that all team orders are allowed, because there is no way to enforce it.

I may be slightly mad that Bottas drove like he did, but truth be told there is a reason why there are 2 drivers per team. I just wish Ferrari would also play it like a team game.

Yeah but at least it'd be like back in the schumacher and barrichello days. It was no secret that the brazillian had to let schumi pass but at least it wasn't legalized. Look it up, vettel seriously has it in his contract. He seriously won't sign a deal with a team unless they agree to make him more important on paper. It's insane.

Ferrari Monday meeting after the race:
Vettel:
- You allowed kimi to use the slipstream in qualifying. This is the result.​

Last edited:
Maybe some people are young here on the forum. If you see Patrese...Mansell..Senna.. Berger or Gilles Villeneuve.. a lot of races the always have. But now it is to much rulles.. halo and soft like a footbal game as the real world political to much rules. This it is why I like Max.

Ferrari failed again. Kimi is gone, he failed too massively. He should have let Seb go ahead and keep Luis back as Botas did. Luis could afford to be aggressive leading the championship against Seb but I doubt he would have been so reckless against Kimi.
Anyway, Luis is by far the best driver today. Seb can do it but the conditions should be ideal. Too many mistakes.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 82 90.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.9%