2017 Italian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Italian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Following a dominant performance from Lewis Hamilton in Monza, who do you rate as the 'Driver of the Day' for the Italian Grand Prix?

Ok so it wasn't exactly a classic race by any stretch of the imagination, but several drivers managed to stand out above their peers in Italy today. Could it be the commanding performance from Hamilton out front? How about a plucky driver from Stroll in the Williams? Daniel Ricciardo once again wrung every last ounce of performance from his Red Bull to finish fourth, but who do you think deserves the award of best driver from the race?

Now the event is over and the end of race festivities have begun, who is our RaceDepartment community Driver of the Day? Leave your vote and drop a comment below!

Italian Grand Prix Driver of the Day 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see Danny Ric as Vettel's teammate at Ferrari. He has nothing to fear, after their year together at Red Bull.

I voted Danny Ric, for adding entertainment. Hamilton could not have done better, but didn't have the opportunity to entertain that Ricciardo had.

I think Stroll did better in that regard getting a Williams into the top 2 considering the performance of the Williams this season (barely able to reach Q2 half the time)

Both did well, they still put those laps in, in difficult conditions. But technically they did not qualify second and third, they inherited those positions.

verstappen had a brilliant start, but then messed it up by tangling with massa.
needs to simmer down a little; could have easily got 3rd, and maybe even 2nd place.

verstappen had a brilliant start, but then messed it up by tangling with massa.
needs to simmer down a little; could have easily got 3rd, and maybe even 2nd place.

It seems to be the case time and time again, he's a very talented driver, but if it's not his car letting him down it's his aggression. Fine when at the too 5, but lower down the order other racing drivers wont just roll over and be bullied.

Ricciardo driver of the day for me! That move on Perez was phenomenal.

Also pleased by Vandoorne's performance, up until his MGU-K had the exact same issue as in Saturdays Q session despite it being another brand new engine.

I voted for Ricciardo, but half of his passing moves were dictated by the tyre strategy. Perez had used supersofts and a damaged car. Ricciardo had fresh supersofts when he took Raikkonen on softs, and so on.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back