2017 Clipsal 500 Discussion thread

Oh they're doing two 78 lap races this year? Changed from last year where they did two 39 lappers on Saturday and a 78 lap race on Sunday.

Not a happy camper:mad:
Some of the decisions made by race control were nothing short of ridiculous, especially the drive through for the curb hop, penalty doesn't fit the crime, never agreed with the intro of the curb hop rule, better off putting another tyre bundle there, the drivers would have more respect for it due to the damage they can cause to steering components.

And then there's the bad call made when Whincup spun Winterbottom. I don't get it, you take someone out, they lose like 18 positions, in Winterbottoms case, and its deemed a racing incident, wtf. And the spot where Whincup had his DIVE isn't a place you would normally attempt a pass, it's BS.:rolleyes:

Can only hope the aficionado's review the new regs and come to their sense's.

Well Gizzy shows how it's done again with a double win at Clipsal 500 even after a poor start in race two.

Good call on the fuel in race 1 must have really come as shock to Coulthard to see SVG in front after all the hard work early on. Still it's very early days but Red Bull Holden are looking like the ones to beat so no real suprises there.

Must have been one hell of day for Alex Rullo who actually managed to finish both races and is just a kid at 16 driving in the Aussie Supercars Championship be interesting to see if he gets better as the season progresses.

He is young but certainly no stranger to big engines and powerful cars he came second at just 14 in the V8 Touring Car National Series and even won a race.

Can't wait for the next race but we have the Aussie F1 Grand Prix first from Albert Park and the Supercars are not back until April in Tasmania could be a good month.

And then there's the bad call made when Whincup spun Winterbottom. I don't get it, you take someone out, they lose like 18 positions, in Winterbottoms case, and its deemed a racing incident, wtf. And the spot where Whincup had his DIVE isn't a place you would normally attempt a pass, it's BS.:rolleyes:
I could be wrong but I actually thought that deeming it a racing incident was the correct decision. Whincup had more than half a car's length alongside Winterbottom and was on the inside. He was entitled to some space, and Winterbottom perhaps didn't realise just how far alongside he was and didn't leave quite enough room on the inside.

So Superview lets you rewatch all previous races on demand?
Couldn't catch the season opener here in Germany, sadly.
And unlike Indycar or IMSA, it doesn't seem like they simply upload the race on Youtube afterwards, right?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back