2016 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

index.jpg

..............Max for this great race..................

With the performance from Red Bull we've seen this weekend, taking 3rd and 4th in qualifying, and Ricciardo leading for as long as he did, only for Verstappen to take over and hold off Raikkonen, how fast will they actually be when they get the engine upgrades from Renault?

I'll have to thank Mercedes for crashing themselves out on lap one.

No words can describe how much I was thrilled to hear someone just as old as me won an F1 race. Not a lot of teens will ever get to say that they've done that :p

(and i'm just sitting here wondering what the heck i'm even doing with my life...)

Last edited:
So so pleased for Max Verstappen and massively impressed by him, what an excellent and mature drive from someone so young especially with all that has gone on this weekend concerning him and Kvyat, to go on and win, holding off Kimi Räikkönen as well and dealing with such pressure which is no easy task, amazing job and a much deserved win..!

I was litterally on the edge on my chair all grand prix long, it was a beautiful race without mercedes and prove us that F1 is way more beautiful to watch when everyone is close to each other. Max Vestappen, I mean, wow, what a race for him, leading an ex world champion who has a lot of racing experience like Raikonnen, he deserve it and i'm really happy for him. This GP will stay in my memory for a long time. Great job for Vettel and a beautiful battle with Ricciardo who as push his tire to the extreme limit, but still all great drivers, a beautiful GP!

Brilliant race and wonderful to see a different driver and team win an F1 race at last, the fact the strategy fell Max's way is just awesome for the young Dutchman. He certainly proved his worth and showed his critics he's got the talent and race craft to win races. Even if it was due to the Mercs taking each other out :cautious::p

:( Sad for Ricciardo, having a tyre issue so late was just what he didn't need at that time, better luck next time Dan, although he still held 4th. The battle between Daniel and Vettel was great to see, in fact all the battles were good to watch.

Thought Kyvat did very well too, finishing 9th, he certainly showed some real pace at the end.

Be great to have more races like that one, was actually worth watching, Id like to thank Rosberg & Hamilton for that, good work guys :thumbsup::roflmao:

Cheers!

I'm so emotional, one of the best GP's of the pasf couple of years. It had me on the edge of my seat since the lap 1 crash. This just shows how close the racing is without Merc, I think they should just f*** off:laugh:

Great win for Max, but extremely disappointed with Raikkonen. Not once did he attempt a move or even fake a pass. The one race he could've won and he barely even tried.
I think he would've tried if he was close enough, which he never really was. No point in trying anything bold and taking out both.

Great win for Max, but extremely disappointed with Raikkonen. Not once did he attempt a move or even fake a pass. The one race he could've won and he barely even tried.

I didn't see that. What I saw was that Kimi had a speed advantage down the long straight due to DRS but every time he got close to Max, he had to slow down for the turn and then Max was faster through the rest of the course. Max usually pulled .7-1.0 seconds away from Kimi through the rest of the course and then when Kimi was able to use DRS, he was able to make up some ground and get back to .3 seconds behind Max which just wasn't enough. Kimi was working a lot harder to keep up with Max through the turns. Barcelona is not an easy track to pass and opportunities are far and few between, his best chance was on the long straight and he just couldn't get close enough before the turn.

Riccardio attempted a pass on Vettel in basically the same situation from 4th to 3rd and almost pulled it off but almost caused an incident too and I'm sure Kimi wasn't going to risk that when Ferrari badly needs points.

Interesting result. Merc crash was maybe a bit more NR fault than LH, just racing incident. Oh well.

It was certainly Nico's fault. If you watch the slow mo replay you can clearly see ALL other cars behind Nico were on the far left side of the track approaching that turn, Nico saw Hamilton attempting to pass him on the right side of the track and tried to close the gap resulting in Hamilton having nowhere to go. It was a bold move by Hamilton to pass on the right side because he might have been in a bad position even if had made the pass going into the turn, but Nico was clearly not on the racing line that every other driver was taking behind him and it was clear because he was so focused on blocking Hamilton that he drove him right off the track.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back