2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was an intense couple of races last night ....Quali went pretty well , ended up p6 ..... in Race 1 , I had good pace and could have stuck with the leading pack , but a tap in the last corner almost sent me into the barrier , and I made the save of my life to keep the car on track ! .I was in a battle for the rest of the race to finish 8th
Race 2 was hectic as usual , but I was making good progress , but it all was thrown out the window when I had to run off track to avoid an incident before me and dropped to the back of the pack again, but I put my head down and made up positions to finish 13th...

Don't attack the sausage, or this will happen:p:D
720p_zpskmjdktts.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Franklin Stegink don't know now what I really did, but you can be sure that I didn´t want to take you out of the race.That's not my racing style. I just felt a hit in my rear. I remember you were too close and any direction change or sudden break could lead to a bad end.

In my opinion you was steering in to my car.
Maybe you didn't see me enough.

No hard feelings.
The emotions are more short after the race than now.

Honestly after this event i doubt id sign up for another reverse grid series. The driving standards are just to vast from the front of the grid to the back. There is always, always, always a massive crash that causes huge damage off the start. Then you have people leading trains of cars that are sometimes 8-10 drivers long, with what seems to be no consistency in braking zones. Because of this reason not only did i ruin one drivers race but it ruined my own. I don't see the entertainment in watching 5-6 drivers barge and get barged trying to come thru the field. Watching race 1 where four drivers raced bumper to bumper the whole race with slight but justified contact is a lot more entertaining then watching crash after crash on race 2. If THR wasn't winning the teams championship i would be pulling out of this series.

Reverse grid isn't the problem. People not being able to accept the fact that there are slower and/or less consistent drivers out there is. We all know that they will break at a point due to pressure or driving over their own limits. As we also know that not everyone is capable to battle properly or go two-wide without contact even amongst the fast guys. Why is it so hard to just be prepared for it, when you know what to expect? So is anyone that superior to the other then, if neither the fast, nor the slow can handle such situations? No. We're all human.

While I had my issues with the situational awareness of some of the "freshly division one" guys (you know, if the guy chasing you isn't behind or ahead, then he's possibly next to you), there were just as proper battles as on race one up top.

Was I held up? Yes. Was it frustrating at times? Definitely. Did I get a few scratches by them? Not more than up front.

But most importantly: is it the fault of the guy in front that I can't pass him easily, or I ain't that much better as I think? This last question answers all the issues with reverse grid.

Reverse grid isn't the problem. People not being able to accept the fact that there are slower and/or less consistent drivers out there is.
While I would agree with this, there are other ways to try to fix the problem than trying to tell people to "driver better" since that hasn't exactly worked out so far imo. Rules aren't set in stone. They were made by people and can be changed by people if need be.

Clearly us drivers as a whole haven't stepped up so someone else has to. And that really only leaves the administration. They have some options, a few possible direction they can take:
- they can start assigning penalties on their own without drivers having to protest
- they can change the rules
- they can also do nothing and just hope things get better

We had 90+ signups for the series and 4 race weekends into it we had about 45 people driving in total. Some were absent for various reasons but still a big drop in participation. Of course there will always be a drop over time but many who have left have been vocal about car to car contact, driving standards or whatever you want to call it. Especially in the reverse grid race.

There's probably a reason why I've never heard of any IRL series having the whole grid or top 30 reversed...

While I would agree with this, there are other ways to try to fix the problem than trying to tell people to "driver better" since that hasn't exactly worked out so far imo. Rules aren't set in stone. They were made by people and can be changed by people if need be.

Clearly us drivers as a whole haven't stepped up so someone else has to. And that really only leaves the administration. They have some options, a few possible direction they can take:
- they can start assigning penalties on their own without drivers having to protest
- they can change the rules
- they can also do nothing and just hope things get better

We had 90+ signups for the series and 4 race weekends into it we had about 45 people driving in total. Some were absent for various reasons but still a big drop in participation. Of course there will always be a drop over time but many who have left have been vocal about car to car contact, driving standards or whatever you want to call it. Especially in the reverse grid race.

This is pretty simple, everyone knew what the signed up for. There was no complaints then. Yes people react to things that happen, but the rules were set before the start.
Yves have said that it will not be used for S10, so it will change.
We will not start assigning penalties without reports, that will make us watch every lap, for every driver to make it fair. That takes way to much time for a thing we do for free on our spare time.

Also as I said, there haven't been much issues on S2, and not more issues in R2 than R1, so it's more than possible.

I guess it shows that S1 have the fastest drivers, but that doesn't autmatically mean they have the best racers?

There's probably a reason why I've never heard of any IRL series having the whole grid or top 30 reversed...

V8 Supercars 2006.

This means that actually the driver who reported the incident was wrong and gets a penalty. So basically it would be better to not report.

The reporting driver does not get penalty points even if he was in the wrong, unless he was reported by the other driver. We may not always agree with a decision but we have to put our trust in those making the decisions and bite the bullet when a decision goes against ourselves.

To me this is our responsibility (the drivers), if we don't report when we think we're being hard done by on the track, then nothing will ever get better!

Round 4 - Guaporé

Division 1

Race 1
Hackeson vs Jundt. Violation of rule 6.3C. 5 points penalty for Jundt.

Race 2
Jundt vs Bell. Violation of rule 6.3B/C (Blocking). 5 points penalty for Jundt.
Bell vs Jundt. Violation of rule 6.3B. 10 points penalty for Bell.
Hackeson vs Jundt. Violation of rule 6.3B/C (Blocking). 5 points penalty for Jundt.
Kolodziejczyk vs Waring. Violation of rule 6.3A. 10 points penalty for Waring.
Watkins vs Magnes. No penalty.
Watkins vs Mengual. No penalty.
Kumar vs Hardwick. No penalty.
Hackeson vs Hardwick. No penalty.
De Wildt vs Hardwick vs Nobbs. No penalty.
Dos Santos vs Hardwick. Violation of rule 6.3A. 10 points penalty for Dos Santos.
Olsson vs Watkins. No penalty.

Division 2
Race 2
Estebanez vs Stegink. Violation of rule 6.3C. 10 points penalty for Estebanez

If drivers would like to view evidence, please contact the opposing party for either replay timestamps or videos.

The race direction is available on Teamspeak one hour before the event start on Saturday if you like to hear our point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 13 23.2%