2014 Formula One Season Calendar Update

Howard Choularton submitted a new blog post:

2014 Formula One Season Calendar Update

A provisional calendar distributed to teams has revealed multiple changes to next season's calendar, with Bahrain becoming a night race and a number of events being removed from the list.

The Bahrain International Circuit is trialing a new lighting system at this weekend's World Endurance Championship round.

"There can be no better way for us to mark our 10th anniversary in F1," said Bahrain's chief executive,...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I would love to see Mexico back, but F1 Racing published the map of what they were going to do, and it looked horrible. They were going to use the CART through the baseball stadium, but add a HAIRPIN CHICANE INSTANTLY FOLLOWED BY A 90 LEFT. It looks atrocious and should be shelved. The whole point of going back is to visit famous corners like the final one at Mexico, not chop them up.

The more I look at New Jersey, the more horrible it looks. Just go around the circuit on Street View and see how narrow the bridge and the run up the hill is. That is not going to fit F1 cars down it. Glad that Korea is getting binned though.

I would love to see Mexico back, but F1 Racing published the map of what they were going to do, and it looked horrible. They were going to use the CART through the baseball stadium, but add a HAIRPIN CHICANE INSTANTLY FOLLOWED BY A 90 LEFT. It looks atrocious and should be shelved. The whole point of going back is to visit famous corners like the final one at Mexico, not chop them up.

I read that issue of F1Racing too, and when I saw it I knew it was inevitable. There was no way they could retain the Parabolica in its current form, however I think a better solution could be found, so I've made two alternative proposals:

This is the proposal found in F1Racing:

GMap Pedometer Link

Here is my first proposal, where I've tried to limit modifications to the track as much as possible, whilst making it suitable for modern F1. Yes, I know, everyone hates chicanes, but the cars will have to be slowed down before the Parabolica. I also decided to stick with the F1Racing Proposal's idea of cutting out the first part of the esses, as this makes the entry to the esses faster and the turns that would be cut out aren't the most important bit of the track.

GMap Pedometer Link

After making that one I had an idea for another proposal. This one would require substantially more work than the first proposal, but I also think it's better. It still retains the essence of the old layout, however the second to last corner of the esses is brought forward, tightened and lengthened slightly so that the last corner of the esses should still be more or less the same, but in a different location and on a different angle. This then leads to a small stadium section (good for the fans, I believe part of the reason the stadium is used to bypass the Parabolica is so that the baseball stadium can be used as a grandstand) before back tracking and then doing a U-turn back on to the original straight, and back towards the Parabolica.

GMap Pedometer Link

I like this track from the 90's long straights kind of Monza like. has hods to shape but still mast. I am not a fan of the tight twisty tracks that lack horse power and this will not be one of them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back