2014 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
And about Williams team order? Give me a break. Just pathetic.

The order made sense. Bottas was faster (fresher tyres, Massa's engine was slightly overheating) so it was worth trying to go for Button's position.

Remember Williams isn't in the driver championship at all, their only focus is getting points for the team, no matter who gets them. And if Bottas didn't get Button, then Williams had plans to switch them back. It was a reasonable call, even if the way they expressed it was kind of bad taste. Is it so hard to say: "Massa, let Bottas through now"?

Not really. If Massa just let Bottas through as early as possible then he might have caught up to Button and passed him, gaining more points for the team. No brainer really. And if not, then Bottas could have just let Massa back through on the last lap. Nothing wrong with that. The engineer probably could have thought twice about wording the message to Massa the way he did though.

What about Hulkenberg? This guy is actually mastering a poor car! Amazing job again!

Good to see RBR back.

Hulkenberg doesn't have the financial backing. He is honestly one of the best drivers on the grid. I've been pulling for him since gp2 where he destroyed Pastor Maldonado. Yet the later keeps getting the better seat! He should have been at Ferrari or Red bull.

I would be glade to see him in sports cars!

I was ecstatic to see Hamilton get the victory! Mercedes getting a one two finish made my day. Disappointed in McLaren, but hopefully they can step it up.

Ever since he won pole in Brazil (Hulk) i wonder why he was sacked from Williams and never was able to get a good seat. He was good even then.

The order made sense. Bottas was faster (fresher tyres, Massa's engine was slightly overheating) so it was worth trying to go for Button's position.

Remember Williams isn't in the driver championship at all, their only focus is getting points for the team, no matter who gets them. And if Bottas didn't get Button, then Williams had plans to switch them back. It was a reasonable call, even if the way they expressed it was kind of bad taste. Is it so hard to say: "Massa, let Bottas through now"?

Probably you guys don't know, but if Massa let Bottas through, he would be massacred by the brazilians fans.

We had enough with Alonso.

Man it's getting pathetic now, if I want to see endurance racing I watch WEC or Lemans or something. Everything is about saving tires fuel engine these days. And then they are scratching their heads why the F1 fan base is decreasing.:roflmao:

Missed the qualification and felt in sleep during the race, really cant be bothered to much about this clown show anymore. Please let them go back to early 2000 regulations.

And the Bottas situation, haha if he was really that fast he should have been able to get by with DRS. He couldn't even get into the DRS zone.:p

Man it's getting pathetic now, if I want to see endurance racing I watch WEC or Lemans or something. Everything is about saving tires fuel engine these days. And then they are scratching their heads why the F1 fan base is decreasing.:roflmao:

Missed the qualification and felt in sleep during the race, really cant be bothered to much about this clown show anymore. Please let them go back to early 2000 regulations.

And the Bottas situation, haha if he was really that fast he should have been able to get by with DRS. He couldn't even get into the DRS zone.:p

Totally agree after about 30 years of watching that's it for me. I tried running the audio through my 7.1 system with the bass up but that did not help the sounds at all. The racing is rubbish no tension just press the DRS button or be on better tyres to overtake. Zero skill needed. Commentary on the BBC goes something like this.

Tyres, fuel, tyres, fuel usage, saving fuel, saving tyres, DRS, ad infinitum.

All this crap of engineers telling drivers how to drive is appalling as well. Radios should be banned.

All i could think of when watching was i cant wait to get back on Game stock car and fire up the new V12's.

@Paul Smith
Let's not forget that this is what F1 is all about these days. The sponsors getting maximum TV exposure, and the owners getting maximum revenue.
Fans like us give little revenue, but catering to the wishes of mainstream engine manufacturers do. F1 is no longer the glamorous battle it used to be. It's a product designed as
a lucrative testbed for mainstream vehicle tech, like fuel saving, green tech and energy recovery. All for use in road cars later on, making it attractive to the guys with the R&D cash
not to fans.

Still, good racing is found from time to time, but the artificial and packaged nature makes it less often than it should be. The only good thing i see with the new formula is
the reduced aero, because it puts emphasis on actual driver skill. But even that is only a slight focus on the drivers. Let's face it, the sport is about engineering, not driving. Because
engineering is where the flow of cash is. And at the root of that flow is always corruption, money-grabbing and complicated politics. All detrimental to the real driver to driver fights
the viewers really wants...

And yes, i am slightly bitter about the developments. But is till watch it as it is the pinnacle of auto racing and i will never stop watching it, however i disagree with its current
direction.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-claims-he-blew-rosberg-away/

Hamilton said he had built his advantage from the very start of the practice sessions, and "it worked and that is why I blew him away"

7-8 years ago he blew Alonso too

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/01/07/lewis-hamilton-on-his-dad-and-beating-alonso/

"My first season in Formula 1, alongside a world champion – a double world champion – and i blew him away"

If this continues i think people will miss Vettel :)

The less I say of Hamilton's personality the better, but he is damn fast in the car. But Vettel will be there come the European races.

It's true what he said - to think where they were 6 weeks ago, to already be the second best team, is amazing. I predict a tight 3 way battle between the 2 Mercedes and Vettel until the end.

I don't think that European races will make that much difference but his ruthless ambition to be nothing but first.

He(Hamilton) might be leading, but while he bothers to say already in his first win in years, that he EVENTUALLY "blew away" Rosberg, Vettel had the guts to admit they have been beaten and someone else did better job, reason like a normal person should, go back in the garage and to try get out the best of the car, which will happen sooner or later and he will be back only then, it doesn't matter European Asian or American races. It's only matter of time before he gets back!

Meanwhile, Hamilton will get out in the media saying he "blew Rosberg" again and again. So i can predict from now, that when eventually Vettel comes back in front :D he will say - it is the car :D

I love that! When he is in front, it's him, when Vettel is, it is the car :D
I love those cry babies!

BTW it is only the 2nd GP of the season and the new era literally. So, considering the changes in the regulations that have been made mate, i think teams will be more and more even as time passes by.
I say it is too early to say anything about the Championship and the way it may go, but for sure Mercedes will be there in the end.

Last edited:
Mercedes have just reported that Hamilton never said that.

Apparently he was saying about how he was able to PULL AWAY from Nico, but never said he blew him away.

Media twisting things again.

10172615_742324179125774_48604536_n.jpg

Thought it was dull.... no battles throughout....unlike Melbourne, I really enjoyed that. Just wish it could have rained, spiced it up. Maybe it is because McLaren weren't up there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%