2014 F1 Mercedes-Benz V6: A lap of Monza

Because the smaller teams finally adjusted to the new regulations and they can start all over again... For the big teams with huge amounts of factory backed funding it's less of a problem. By the time the small teams are closing the gap... new regulations arise.
They can start all over again...
Yea unfortunately that has happened since the sponsors starting coming into F1.
Sponsors brought money and money brings better technology.
So with people getting different sponsors they get different budgets.

Yea not sure where the edit button is, it´ll probably come back in a day or two, i think they are in working on the forum quite a lot now.

From the news submission guidelines: "Article content must be motorsports, sim racing, or hardware related and include at least 250 words and an image or video and written in English."

Your article was exactly 50 words and not classified as an article hence it was not published.

If you want to complain, at least do it on the right grounds.
quite a harsh response to a fellow hobbyist ,that put some effort to make something.
and explains how he is frustrated about it.

better dont respond ,if all you can do is act like a dictator ,and dont see the fellow hobbyist racer

i can see both of your points ,and dont understand why moderation steps up to escalate further .

best to keep competition on the TRACK ,and be human when on the forum

Thanks! Proud to say I'm part of the team that brought you this! Mercedes AMG HPP fo life yo!
You were involved with the making of the new Mercedes engine?
That´s awesome if you were,
Yes and still am! Im a mechanical engineer with the company and this is the project I work on.

I for one think its a brilliant change to the sport. F1 is about being at the front of modern technology. The V8 is outdated technology in my eyes and gives no merit to the world we are in. The whole 'green' thing may be the drive behind it, but I think everyone is getting to fixed on the efficiency thing. Its just a more exciting way of getting power!

It will not be boring, the cars will not be slow and next year will be a great one!

If you still don't believe me, I guess we'll have to wait till March ;)

Yes and still am! Im a mechanical engineer with the company and this is the project I work on.

I for one think its a brilliant change to the sport. F1 is about being at the front of modern technology. The V8 is outdated technology in my eyes and gives no merit to the world we are in. The whole 'green' thing may be the drive behind it, but I think everyone is getting to fixed on the efficiency thing. Its just a more exciting way of getting power!

It will not be boring, the cars will not be slow and next year will be a great one!

Amazing....just amazing job you have :)

Yep i agree totally, the V8´s are relics really, i think they are closing in on 8 years now.
Some tweaks through those years but it´s still really the same engine.

Yea it´s definitely a marketing push for teams like Renault, Mercedes, Honda.
But either way, it´s something new for Fomrula One and throughout the years of regulation changes you sort of just go with it after a while.

Could you perhaps give us a ballpark figure on the total amount of of output compared to today?
Today i think the Merc engine is around 750-760bhp? At least that is what you usually see being quoted in mags and whatnot.
then add 60Kw to that which is around 80 horses which means a total of about 840 horses.

Do you think that with the new engine and the new ERS system that we will reach those horsepower again?

the problem i see is that even if we reach the same HP, we still have a raised minimum weight limit and we´ll have less downforce.
Some say 4-5 seconds of pace, a guy from Renault´s engine department say they might actually be faster?

what is your thoughts regarding this?

And again, simply amazing job you have ;) I wish you the best for 2014!

Amazing....just amazing job you have :)

Yep i agree totally, the V8´s are relics really, i think they are closing in on 8 years now.
Some tweaks through those years but it´s still really the same engine.

Yea it´s definitely a marketing push for teams like Renault, Mercedes, Honda.
But either way, it´s something new for Fomrula One and throughout the years of regulation changes you sort of just go with it after a while.

Could you perhaps give us a ballpark figure on the total amount of of output compared to today?
Today i think the Merc engine is around 750-760bhp? At least that is what you usually see being quoted in mags and whatnot.
then add 60Kw to that which is around 80 horses which means a total of about 840 horses.

Do you think that with the new engine and the new ERS system that we will reach those horsepower again?

the problem i see is that even if we reach the same HP, we still have a raised minimum weight limit and we´ll have less downforce.
Some say 4-5 seconds of pace, a guy from Renault´s engine department say they might actually be faster?

what is your thoughts regarding this?

And again, simply amazing job you have ;) I wish you the best for 2014!
Thanks! :)

I have the honour of having worked there the last 2 years and I'm still only 23! Btw it is very hard work ive done a fair few weeks of 60 to 65 hours last few weeks which has been a killer!

I'm afraid I can't say any more on the matter, or I would no longer be working for Mercedes! I'm sure more has been said in various articles in autosport and other publications but I think its best I say nothing on the matter, sorry!

Hope you can understand!

Thanks

I had to try but i understand you are under some kind of NDA.
Good luck for next year, i think you might actually have a shot here, Mercedes is starting to look like a machine that can legitimately challenge Red Bull on a consistent basis.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back