2014 driver numbers

Keke Rosberg won the championship in car 6, and Nico is using that number. I don't know if this is coincidence or deliberate, but I'm guessing the latter.

But If Mercedes will win the title this year and only 2 championships ago gave Schumi an almost indecent car I'll hate Mercedes as 1 of my greater enemies. :mad:

Keke Rosberg won the championship in car 6, and Nico is using that number. I don't know if this is coincidence or deliberate, but I'm guessing the latter.
Yep, he uses #6 for a variety of reasons, including that Keke won with #6

from AUTOSPORT live:
Rosberg has now pitted the Mercedes. Perhaps a good time to remind ourselves why he selected to race with number six:
"My Dad wrote me an email in the winter saying it had been a lucky number for him when he became world champion, but that didn't convince me.
"Then my fiancee said it was her lucky number, too, so that got me thinking a bit more! And then I remembered that I won a championship with this number back in 2002. Hopefully that will be the key to an easy season!"

you can find that line here: http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/692 please refer to timestamp 12:42 :D

Some of the test driver numbers have been confirmed too (That or someone has trolled Wikipedia)
  • Robin Frijns - 46
  • Daniel Juncadella - 34
  • Giedo Van Der Garde - 55
  • Felipe Nasr - 40
  • Susie Wolff - 41

I guess because Merhi is a test driver, and Lotterer was a race driver. Maybe there's a difference in that. They didn't compete at the same weekend either, did they? That could be another factor.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back