2013 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Bull is on FIRE!!!! :D

I wonder why Ferrari put supersofts in Massa's car during the safety car. A bit weird, they were useless when you're stuck in a train of cars with mediums.

Great drives by Alonso (great first lap again), Räikkönen and his injury, Hulkenberg (again in the points) and Grosjean (shame for that problem with whatever, he was very solid up to that point). Massa was also good, even though the strategy didn't make any sense (then again it's Ferrari, they decide strategies by flipping coins).

And also, and I don't say this often, perfect drive by Vettel. yes, the car, the team, he's lucky, whatever. He completely destroyed Webber, he made no mistakes, he pushed to the limit when he needed, and ended the weekend without a single mistake. He's driving the best car the way it deserves to be driven.

Very unlucky Webber though, he had to coast for the last laps and even that wasn't enough to avoid his car catching fire. It was great to see Alonso giving him a ride though :)

And the last laps with Button, Pérez, Hulkenberg and Sutil battling for position, while Hamilton and Rosberg stormed through, that was intense.

Not a bad race. Sure, the championship is nearly sealed, but in a vacuum, the race wasn't bad. Bring it on, Korea!

Cmon! Nobody saw when the team asked Vettel to push for first time in the last times he was MORE THAN 2 SECONDS FASTER PER LAP??? You saw the real thing today and even with that peiple refuse to see it.

Vettel did one pit stop and finished the race 32 seconds ahead of Alonso's Ferrari. This means he opened a gap of a minute after the Safety car period only, so pushing from the start he could have lapped everybody in the race. This is a pantomime.

Will people still believe it is the driver talent that makes the diference??? If so, you know NOTHING about real motorsports.

Vettel is just brilliant. Is he the most perfect driver ever to be in F1, the most precise? He just does not put a foot wrong, and he manages tires, and he drives fast to boot.

I am one of seemingly the very few that believes he is good for F1, he forces the others to improve, get better, innovate more. It's like the Tiger Woods effect in golf.

And I don't care if you disagree either - the tifosi disagreed last race, and look how that pissed Seb off :D

David if you put vettel in any other car his chances of winning another race would be ZERO.

They need to change formula one so all the cars use the exact same chasis and stearing, but allow the teams to use there own suspension and front and rear wings.
The gap between the design of the red bull and the rest is huge and they need to lower the gap.
Its no longer about the driver anymore but the car designer and car mechanics within the team.

Red bulls car has a elephant sitting on the back,
The rear never steps out the car handles much better than everyone else and that's not because of the driver, The car just sticks like its on rails.

Something needs to change because its no longer interesting to watch,
Its like you lot driving a mini as im using a m3, Yes I win every race so im now better than you all.

I seriously cannot stand this pathetic whining anymore.
Vettel now is quicker than everybody else and one out of two reasons for this is the car that he drives. Now some of you argue that something about the regulations has to be done? Seriously? What kind of sport do we get if the FIA balances all cars out until they are evenly good? No goddamn manufacturer would be interested in such a championship.

If F1 is so boring for you then you might want to watch VLN or ADAC GT instead. In these series, all cars are balanced, nobody needs to invent anything and there is no step forward.

You guys that allow yourself to judge a three in a row Formula 1 champion who has been dominating his much more experienced team mate for all the time that he was at RB as somebody "who would stand ZERO chance to win a race in a different car" should ask yourself whether you really have the expertise that you claim you have.

I say only real companies that actually make cars can race in F1
No soft drink companies because at this rate coka cola or pepsi will be next,
When red bull win and the designers in the paddock smile and there happy with themselves don't realise there damaging the sport.
The dominance of there design is loosing the publics interest in the sport,
It no fun when one team has such a huge advantage on other teams its no longer a race at this point but just a process to get to the last lap.
Without someone stepping in and sorting this out im afraid formula one will die in the years to come.

I say only real companies that actually make cars can race in F1
No soft drink companies because at this rate coka cola or pepsi will be next,
When red bull win and the designers in the paddock smile and there happy with themselves don't realise there damaging the sport.
The dominance of there design is loosing the publics interest in the sport,
It no fun when one team has such a huge advantage on other teams its no longer a race at this point but just a process to get to the last lap.
Without someone stepping in and sorting this out im afraid formula one will die in the years to come.

That's the biggest basket of sour grapes I've seen all year.

I don't think single chassis or engines is in any way the direction to go.

Perhaps a bigger share of the money at the end of the season going to the smaller teams rather than the larger teams......almost reversed so to speak. That might help the development of the guys at the back of the grid a little bit, who knows.

Also a lot of the resentment may of course be down to how the driver in question is perceived by the public as a whole....how he comes across.

You only need to take Valentino Rossi as an example. Won everything for years, yet universally liked (in general) due to how he portrays himself within the public eye?

I couldn't care less who and what car wins, as long as it is some kind of event.

Singapore is actually one of my favourite races to watch.....tuned in today....turned into a non-event.

Anyone who thinks SV is 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster than everyone else because his supper human needs to look again and ask themselves would SV be doing the same thing if he was driving a lotus.
If you look how he drives you can see how much more speed the car has he won this race without pulling a sweat, Miles away from the walls tons of exit speed no surprises,
That red bull could of lapped everyone if it wasn't for the safety car.
This isn't racing in my book.

Real fun when I read comments of pwople saying Vettel and Webber drives the same car. Even funnierto a see people expecting Webber to be super motivated when the team has broken his ass since the aussie shares the team with Seb.

Anyway, what I just said ia that Vettel succes has not been because of his talent but because of the car performance. Good to see some people knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back