2013 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the FIA does not bring back refueling. They want to be environment friendly but is it really environment friendly to waste so many tires per race? I don't understand it.​

F1 tires are getting recycled after their lifetime and end up in a different product ;)

I don't understand why the FIA does not bring back refueling.
Because
a) it's dangerous
b) it makes for boring racing. It causes strategy to be even more important and overtaking in the pit stops even more common. We may now look back fondly on the period of 1994-2009 and remember many good races, but let's face it, there were at least as many boring ones and refueling definitely played some part in that. It's kind of contradictory to complain about the tyres but ask for refueling to return.

Well that was an interesting race. Damn Ferrari´s having the tire life of previous years Sauber :)
It hurt seeing Hamilton get molested by two Ferrari´s into T1 :(

One lap pace is very strong considering where they have been but clearly race pace is not there yet.
Raikkonen with a broken front wing managed to run quicker then the Merc, that´s saying something.

I think i would have pulled out all my hair if Vettel had snatched 3rd place there :D
It´s a little bit messed up when Qualifying essentially means nothing and hopefully Pirelli will have that in mind for upcoming races. That tire looks like a Monaco/Singapore tire only imo.

Great that Bahrain is next week, this is shaping up to be a pretty remarkable season albeight a little bit "fake" due to the extreme tires.

It's not more dangerous then other aspects of F1. And I'm sure it could be made a lot safer then it was in the 90s.

Yes, there were boring races but
1.) there are also boring races today like India 2011
2.) it was boring because of the dominance of Ferrari.
There were great races back then, even more then today. And most important: It was real racing. No one can deny this.

It's not more dangerous then other aspects of F1. And I'm sure it could be made a lot safer then it was in the 90s.
This was only in 2009:
And most important: It was real racing. No one can deny this.
At the Hungarian GP 1998, Schumacher won by stopping three times. That was absolutely genius by Brawn & Schumacher, but it honestly didn't have anything to do with racing. That's the effect of refueling.

DC said in commentary that the lotus' damage wouldn't really affect it, the Merc is not as bad as people are making out.
Kimi disagrees: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/04/14/raikkonen-wanted-change-damaged-front-wing/

Here´s the damage.

EdFLpfP.jpg

Yes, there were boring races but
1.) there are also boring races today like India 2011
2.) it was boring because of the dominance of Ferrari.
There were great races back then, even more then today. And most important: It was real racing. No one can deny this.

Depends what's "great races". It's statistically proven that among all rule changes that have caused a major fall in overtakes on track (and then given a rise again when it's disallowed), refueling was the worst.

Because
a) it's dangerous
b) it makes for boring racing. It causes strategy to be even more important and overtaking in the pit stops even more common. We may now look back fondly on the period of 1994-2009 and remember many good races, but let's face it, there were at least as many boring ones and refueling definitely played some part in that. It's kind of contradictory to complain about the tyres but ask for refueling to return.
the thing is that if you keep the heavy fuel loads and go back to Bridgestone style tyres that is REAL racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies