2013 Ford Focus ST

Cars 2013 Ford Focus ST 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

2013 Ford Focus ST - hot and ready hatchback with sport

View attachment 667618
Introduction
To my surprise, someone took me up on the offer in the JDM Albizia post. Consequently, here is another car done quickly. This time it's a 2013 Ford Focus ST. As with all ST models this generation, 2.0L turbo, 6 speed manual transmission. 250 horsepower, front wheel drive. Can move itself along pretty well.

Installation
Open the 7zip file. Move the contents to your AC cars folder.
View attachment 667617

A bit about the...

Read more about this resource...

I am glad to see this Focus ST mod from Stereo, especially since I have been tweaking a Fiesta ST mod and want to have kind of a comparison. I have no problem with the 3D model but I found a couple things that kept me from enjoying this Focus. This is coming from an owner of 2013 Fiesta SE and a 2003 Ford Focus SE, both US model.
No I have never driven either a Focus ST, but the review on MotorTrend mentioned it being quick, under 6 seconds 0-60mph, very strong torque steer, quick steering 1.8 turns lock to lock - twitchy. When driven aggressively into turns it likes to drift the backend and when pointed at the right direction pull out with throttle.
I tested this car around Laguna Seca for a session and found that this car does not exhibit those characteristics. It feels a bit soft and floaty. The initial bite into turn is good but then it simply understeer and pushed all the way. The engine feels sluggish.
Suggestion:
  1. Correct the rear wheel rate calculation: according to comments on suspension.ini "=14300 ; guess at 0.68 mr on 31k" should be 21K. But even at 21 K the car does not rotate well.
  2. Adjust tyres.ini: both ST and SM tires did not feel grippy. SM did not get warmed up even after several laps, and the grip level seems no higher than ST.
  3. Acceleration seemed lacking. This is just butt-dyno speaking.
I am looking forward to seeing an update for this Focus ST.

Last edited:
Correct the rear wheel rate calculation: according to comments on suspension.ini "=14300 ; guess at 0.68 mr on 31k" should be 21K. But even at 21 K the car does not rotate well.
Numbers seem fine to me, 31000*0.68^2 = 14334. 31k is from an Eibach brochure so it's not necessarily correct though. Didn't see ford listing the numbers.

Last edited:
Numbers seem fine to me, 31000*0.68^2 = 14334. 31k is from an Eibach brochure so it's not necessarily correct though. Didn't see ford listing the numbers.
Thank you for the response. Forgot the square ... shame on me.
I read somewhere that the ST came with 171f and 183r (lb/in)->30K N/mm and 32 K N/mm. pretty close anyway.

ST owner here. What you got so far isn't bad at all for driving. I'd love to see a Daily MOD Standard version. It's not the official name but it's what everyone does to their FoST for daily MOD to make it more suitable for... spirited driving.

Lower/Stiffer Springs.
Rear Anti-Rollbar to make it more playful on entry and turn mid corner.
255/45ZR17 for the tires.
Airintake and blowoff for that sweet turbo sound.

Keep up the good work

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes