2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACE 07 uses the same engine as well. GSC is also not the next gen sim but at least the developers have managed to squeeze the maximum out of it while RACE 07 still has some big downsides for league racing (only 25 drivers per grid for example).

GSC or rFactor you can at least crank up to 40, 50, 60 players without a problem and a one group league is a lot less work than managing three to four divisions of WTCC like we did the last year. That is one of the main reasons why we want to move to newer games.

Most of the voluntary staff already works hours and hours a day on this website and adding such labor intensive leagues on top of it is just too much.

But more league news for 2013 will be unveiled in some weeks time and I am sure nobody will be disappointed. 2013 will be a hell of year for simracing thats for sure. :)

Understand what you're saying Bram, from an Admin point of view and totally appreciate the need to minimise what the moderators have to do (after all, it's a hobby and not their job).

But if somebody wants to step up and help out with leagues the door is always open. The fact that I don't want to/can organize another WTCC league anymore doesn't mean that somebody else can't of course :)

We are always just one PM/mail away.

just my 20lei's
non of the current and recent future sims offer "touring car" pack - mini,clios,abarth and such are tintops but for me "touring cars" is a direct correlation with BTCC or WTCC and such so i would like to stay with that..
i presume a last hora for Race07 with the ultimate top 20drivers will be nice, kinda like last season but this time with a prequali and only 20drivers, payed league so everybody will be committed and teams championship,so the team pay's the fee for the drivers

As good as AC looks like it will be, I find it strange to offer it up as a potential host for a race series, when we haven't even had the tech demo released yet, never mind enough cars and tracks made available to make a series a goer.

It's like offering to run a GT series in GTR3, lol. No-one knows any definite timelines for sim release and car/track availability. You could be sat twiddling your thumbs for months whilst there are sims available that can offer the required content.

Would it not make sense to use one of these, get the series underway and letting folks race, instead of just holding off and waiting for the release of content on sims still being worked on? RDTCC S9 could be done and dusted using a current sim whilst we await the release of the new breed in 2013 and then maybe look at using one of these for RDTCC S10.

Just an observation.

;)

You've missed the most important part in your observation, while its posted quite a few times. I don't have any time and motivation to run another RDTCC with RACE 07 :)

So once more if people are interested to run a touring car series in RACE 07 properly and professional step up and volunteer :)

You've missed the most important part in your observation, while its posted quite a few times. I don't have any time and motivation to run another RDTCC with RACE 07 :)

So once more if people are interested to run a touring car series in RACE 07 properly and professional step up and volunteer :)

While I would kind of like to take part in a Race 07 WTCC or similar league, I certainly don't have the time / energy (or necessary skills probably ) to organise one, and can totally agree with your point!
At the moment I am happy to just keep signing up for the Club races, but I wonder how much the entry will suffer once the new leagues do get underway.

Keep up the good work guys.

Yes we will do a new RDTCC in the (near) future but the game hasn't been decided yet. With Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, and RR Racing Experience making their way from beta to gold release there is so much to choose from that we think its better to first properly test all alternatives.

But again dont let that stop people from running a touring car league for RACE 07. So far nobody volunteered so I don't think the need is very high then.

Just a thought.
If the upcoming WTCC League isn't going to be in Race 07, perhaps move the associated forum out of the Race 07 heading. ;)
Sad that I missed the Race 07 WTCC leagues, especially considering how Race 07 is the "official WTCC game" as it were. If I had a league-organizing bone in my body, I'd jump forward to organize a WTCC league in Race 07. Unfortunately, such is not part of my skill set. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

[quote="Vaughn Stegeman, post: 1420122, member: 145304"If I had a league-organizing bone in my body, I'd jump forward to organize a WTCC league in Race 07. Unfortunately, such is not part of my skill set. I wouldn't even know where to begin.[/quote]

Well its not that we as staff all went to the league organization university Vaughn. I don't understand why so many people in this thread complain but nobody steps up to organize something.

The easiest is to just sit and wait but I can assure you nothing will happen then :)

Hey guys, i have been playing around with the idea of organizing a little league using race, however, my idea is to run a multiclass league, using a GT class and a Touring class (using the wtcc cars) using a 90 minute race format...

So you'd have to share the track with GTs, but it would be a chance for you touring car fans to drive them in a league. Would there be interest in such a class from this side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes