2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettel struggling with the softer tyre? Weird? McLaren domination once again! Webber Vs Vettel = 2-0, Lets go Webber!

Edit: Kimi and Webber doing almost the exact same time :confused:

Very interesting that Schumacher suddenly seems to be kicking Rosberg's ass now that the car is good...

Also, Vettel will have a lot of potential in the race starting on the primes, very curious how that decisions turns out for him. Unless it rains of course :p

Now that was close, im glad Button got 2nd again :) .... front row lock out, oh yeah!

FP3 was dull so no screenshots to get, i missed the maldonado going of in Q1.

plugin-container2012-03-2409-03-05-64.png

plugin-container2012-03-2409-03-26-29.png

Damn, that was close session... 1st 1:36.1 - 6th 1:36.6 .... The race is gonna be epic! Too bad Kimi couldn't get anything out of that time, lost to Webber just because Webber did his a few moments earlier... So in hindsight, it would've been better to just do a sunday drive with harder tires..

Kimi sounded confident, with a perfect lap a pole.. Don't know since Hamilton had some more pace too.. Grosjean is very likeable person, that wide smile reminds me of Button ;)

Very nice to see Webber smiling, i'll bet beating his team mate has something to do with his good mood from P4 result... I started to hate him last season, he was so grumby and complainy.. This is a different guy alltogether, i'll be rooting for him a bit more... But mostly, i'm looking for Kimi doing nice passes with a decent DRS zone on this track. He'll be flying past Alonso in the 1st lap, i'm sure..

It will be interesting to see what Schumi does in the start as the Merc's often take off like greased lightening. Can he win it? Probably not, but if he gets ahead it could shake things up with the people behind before his tires sort him out.

We must remember that Vettel was the only one on the Hard tyres. :)
We must also remember that he failed to go quicker with the softer compound :)

Webber is a total of 1 second ahead so far in terms of Qualifying pace.
I strongly remember someone saying that nobody is better over a lap then Vettel. I said it was because the car did everything he asked of it but that did not go so well :)

And i made a theory that Vettel gained the most out of EBD which when it was banned in Silverstone, Webber was quickest over a lap. And now this year, Webber is quicker over a lap for now at least.

I saw the replay of BBC highlights from Melbourne and at one point Coulthard pointed out that regulation changes can make a car suit one person's driving style of another. Perhaps that has happened with both Webber and Schumacher.

I saw the replay of BBC highlights from Melbourne and at one point Coulthard pointed out that regulation changes can make a car suit one person's driving style of another. Perhaps that has happened with both Webber and Schumacher.
Yes. Tires also play a big part, some cope with it better then others.
Schumacher had problems in the slow corners extracting everything out of the Bridgestone´s in his first (new) year for example.

Lotus i would say is just a very good package. It was last year as well but development rate was crap.
And they made a mistake with the front-exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes