2012 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEBBBBERRRRRR :inlove:

Everyone had not even considered him pre-season, he is outclassing Vettel and in fact the entire field! Could this be his year?
Don't get too ahead of yourself. He's having a good year sure, but you don't win a championship with two wins. If it wasn't for Lewis and Sebastian exiting the Valencia GP early they'd still be in front of him in points (maybe Lewis it depends where he'd of finished). With the way Alonso is driving as of late I don't see anyone being able to stop him, the reason he didn't win this race is because of a bad team call.

Maldonado has been given a $10,000 Fine and a Reprimand
Kobayashi has been given a $25,000 Fine.

What next? Petrov being given $50,000 Fine for parking in the pit entrance? Probably going to more than any penalty Maldonado gets.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. He's having a good year sure, but you don't win a championship with two wins. If it wasn't for Lewis and Sebastian exiting the Valencia GP early they'd still be in front of him in points (maybe Lewis it depends where he'd of finished). With the way Alonso is driving as of late I don't see anyone being able to stop him, the reason he didn't win this race is because of a bad team call.
If Sebastian Finishes the Valencia GP he would be leading the Championship and Webber would be in 3rd of Championship
But that was in the Past and Ferrari need to build the gap over Both Redbull Drivers

What next? Petrov being given $50,000 Fine for parking in the pit entrance? Probably going to more than any penalty Maldonado gets.
What. A. Joke.

The Stewards are saying that what Kobayashi did was worse?! I'm 100% sure he didn't mean to hit his pit crew and feels terrible. Maldonado on the other hand didn't care if he hit Perez and doesn't care that he took him out of the race and claims it's not his fault... That's unbelievable.

I still don't think Maldonado is malicious or anything like that. He just doesn't use his brain while driving and talking (or there simply isn't much he could use).

Reminds me so much of Montoya :p

True, maybe I was caught in the moment, but I have a good feeling for him for the rest of the year, I hope i'm right.

For me Maldonado simply doesn't have the intelligence to be in Formula 1. His one win aside (which probably wouldn't have happened had Hamilton not been screwed by his own team) he doesn't have the ability either.

He made a terrible decision in Valencia, back in Monaco,now Silverstone, need I go on?

Sorry for the bother but it is the other way around Maldonado pays €25,000 and Kobayashi €10,000 and it is in Euro.
Source

For me Maldonado simply doesn't have the intelligence to be in Formula 1. His one win aside (which probably wouldn't have happened had Hamilton not been screwed by his own team) he doesn't have the ability either.

He made a terrible decision in Valencia, back in Monaco,now Silverstone, need I go on?
I am not defending Maldonado but didn't everyone say pretty much the same things about Hamilton last year? (Sorry but I think you are overreacting a little bit. ;) )

Fantastic race! Glad to have seen that it didn't rain after all.

Great to see Alonso end in second. I really thought he was done from the start since he started on the hard compound instead of the softs, but it seems as if the best tire for dry conditions was the hard tire instead of the soft. Was really a shame to have him lead 90% of the race only to end up second, but he certainly had a boost in points that kept him in the championship lead.

Shame about Perez being taken out by Maldonado. Perez really seemed to be on track for one of his usual drives where he comes from the back to end up in a good points position. Many will be quick to blame Maldonado for this, but the fault really falls on both of them, imo. Maldonado for foolishly trying to defend, while Perez, who had a quicker car atm, didn't let up as he could've tried to overtake further ahead.

One last thing, I found it funny how the SPEED/Fox commentators simply wouldn't stop wagging their fingers (it was mainly David Hobbs) at Maldonado and Perez throughout the race. They brought up the incident a number of times, especially when Webber overtook Alonso, Hobbs kept saying how that is how overtaking maneuvers are done and not the sillyness that Maldonado and Perez had.

As a fan of Red Bull Racing I am cheering for both drivers. If Vettel can't win I want Mark to win. If Mark can't win, I want Seb to win. I think it would be great if Webber was to win the championship this season. But I also would love to see Vettel three'peat. :devilish:

What was all that about after the race, with the interviews on the podiums??? I was sat there thinking, this is very weird.
I think that they did it just for this race as it was at Silverstone or it's a new format, either way I liked it, I think they are taking that new designed podium to every race now because I am sure Brundle or Crofty said the new podium was going to be the same at every other F1 track now

I think that they did it just for this race as it was at Silverstone or it's a new format, either way I liked it, I think they are taking that new designed podium to every race now because I am sure Brundle or Crofty said the new podium was going to be the same at every other F1 track now

I liked the podium, and yes they said it was going round the other courses - or every other. Just thought it was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies