2012 Force India VJM05

I don't get what all the fuss is about. I actually think that looks good. :D

The next thing I don't get is this: all some people talk about is the fact that all the cars look the same nowadays and that the designers don't do as much as in earlier years of F1. Then we get something new and different like this and people complain that it's ugly... come on dudes!

I was taken by surprisse to see those black weight things
Cameras you mean.
dcd1018fe251.jpg

Interesting camera arrangement... never seen them that far to the front before. Heck, they're right AT the front!

Am I the only one who thinks the stepped nose on this one looks alright, at least from a front three quarter view? It seems that the liveries of the Ferrari and the Caterham (or the lighting in the studio photographs) accentuate the step more. The arrangement of the colour on the VJM05's step seems to make it blend in more.
If we're having a contest on the prettiest (more like least ugly) of the stepped-nose cars, this would be a contender out of the three so far.

Are you sure? :)

Yes. I took that into account when writing the post, and I think my point still stands. You'll notice that on the Force India the camera mountings actually extend beyond the nosetip, so that they are the first part of the car to hit the air. That's not the case on the Red Bull - the camera mountings are still just behind the actual nosetip.

The Red Bull in your picture originally held the title for "frontmost camera housings on an F1 car", but the Force India VJM05 has taken that accolade. ;)

Yes. I took that into account when writing the post, and I think my point still stands. You'll notice that on the Force India the camera mountings actually extend beyond the nosetip, so that they are the first part of the car to hit the air. That's not the case on the Red Bull - the camera mountings are still just behind the actual nosetip.

The Red Bull in your picture originally held the title for "frontmost camera housings on an F1 car", but the Force India VJM05 has taken that accolade. ;)

I think that they are pretty much the same in terms of how far ahead it´s mounted. How high and how it´s integrated might be another topic but look at this image, notice that the nose goes all the way to the edge below the camera.

It seems to be a mirror but upside down. plus or minus a few millimeters.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.