2012 DTM Season

Crazy epic awesome race today ! :cool:

Even more action then on Salzburgring this year and a new high on team-radio yelling and throwing insults at other drivers :D
I've never seen so many overtakes and contact between teammates :)
And in my opinion Rockenfeller should have been concentrating more on driving than on complaining, maybe he could have won the race that way. Also we all know now that Farfus is a bit chloreic at times :p

1) Mortara (Audi)
2) Rockenfeller (Audi)
3) Ekström (Audi)
4) Green (Mercedes)
5) Tambay (Audi)
6) Spengler (BMW)
7) Paffett (Mercedes)
8) Werner (BMW)
9) Farfus (BMW)
10) Schumacher (Mercedes)

Ridiculous driving today from many guys.

RSC should never be allowed to race, he´s a moron.
bumping and other stuff is ok, that´s part of the game, but to drive someone clean of the racetrack is dumb.

He must have some record now in being the dumbest person on track.

Massive respect to Haug, he was devastated and just said it´s ok and gave him a hug.
It takes some cojones to just brush that incident off.

Wow Schumacher is useless. Wiping out 4 engineers in the pit lane!
I think that one was actually not his fault this time. But I agree with him beein a bad racer in general and causing a ton of incidents.

It would have been interesting what he would have done, had Rahel Frey passed him at Nürburgring, when she followed him throughout the entire race whilst beeing faster.
Some nice retaliation move I would guess :p

Werner quickest in P1, tag along for a lap of this amazing flowing circuit.

http://www.dtm.tv/Index/Start/EN/1629

Pretty interesting news,
BMW set the first fastest time during the DTM weekend at the Motorsport Arena Oschersleben. In bright sunshine, Dirk Werner set the fastest lap time of 1:22.132 minutes with his BMW M3 DTM. He was 0.265 seconds faster than points’ leader Gary Paffett (Mercedes-Benz). Werner’s fellow BMW drivers Augusto Farfus and Andy Priaulx ended up third and fourth. Timo Scheider (Audi) drove the fastest Audi A5 DTM in fifth place.
The DTM fans can look forward to a hot racing weekend: in first free practice already, the first eleven drivers were faster than Timo Scheider’s official lap record, set in 2010. Accordingly, it seems quite certain that the record will be beaten in this year’s race. With 43 laps, Priaulx completed the highest number of laps in free practice. For the Brit, this equalled a distance of 158.928 kilometres. Sunday’s eighth DTM season round will cover 51 laps.

Hoping to see Tomczyk and Spengler keep Paffett and Green behind them.
They got so strong race pace the Mercs so it will be hard.

Ralf Schumacher reminds me of these things you find on Sniff Petrol (fantastic website, I thoroughly reccomend it!):
Schumachers120907.jpg

1. 127p - Paffett
  2. 116p - Spengler
  3. 108p - Green
  4. _75p - Rockenfeller
  5. _74p - Mortara
  6. _69p - Tomczyk
  7. _66p - Ekström
  8. _29p - Farfus
  9. _24p - Vietoris
  10. _19p - Scheider
You should have seen the reptile-reactions from Scheider at the start.
It was insane, he missed Molina i think it was with maybe a meter or less and that was while probably doing 100-150km/h.

BMW will run 8 cars next season.
Latest team will be called Team MTEK (interesting name..)
Team MTEK is based in Garching near the BMW Motorsport hearquarters in Munich with Dutchman Ernest Knoors as Team Principal.
"I'm really looking forward to my new task: to guide BMW Team MTEK to DTM success," said Knoors, who most recently has been working with Ferrari as Head of customer powertrain support in Formula One.

"Over the course of my career I have experienced most forms of motor racing, and I know the high level of operation in the DTM. BMW Motorsport is currently contesting a fantastic debut season. We are also set to have our share in giving the BMW fans reason to celebrate regularly in 2013. It's obvious there will be a lot for us to learn as a new team. I'm convinced we will have a steep learning curve. The current 2012 season has given impressive proof of the general competitiveness of the BMW M3 DTM."

BMW has as of yet not revealed the identity of the two drivers set for Team MTEK in the DTM next year.

Team RMG
sil_8.png
- Tomczyk
sil_65.png
- Hand

Team Schnitzer
sil_29.png
- Spengler
sil_66.png
- Werner

Team RBM
sil_68.png
- Farfus
sil_67.png
- Priaulx

Team MTEK
? - ?
? - ?

Interesting to note that only Spengler and Tomczyk are sponsored by BMW.
The rest run various other sponsors.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea